WEEK 59 - Elder Christensen Pounding Some Soup
Howdy everyone hope y'all are loving your life wherever you are at, cause my heavens, I am loving life where I am at.
Shoutout to brother Calder it is his birthday! Let me hit you with some characteristics of my brother:
1. He is beyond pleasant to be around
2. He was a dang good missionary
3. He is deviously handsome and quite sought after in Provo
4. His testimony is quite inspirational
I love my brother Calder, and for my spiritual thought today I would like to take a deeper gander on point 4. I remember when Calder came home from his mission we went to the stake center to get him released from being a missionary. We got there and they just started asking him questions about his mission, they were throwing around a bunch of unfamiliar mission vocab so I wasn't quite following, but I remember vividly the last question he asked him, he said "Elder Horsley what does Jesus Christ mean to you?" I remember Calder just looked down and started to cry. I was lost on why this was his hardest question to answer, and truth be told, after like 45 seconds of Calder not answering the question I was making some serious considerations of just whipping out clash royale cause Calder was taking his sweet time on this one. I remember after about a minute of crying Calder looked up at him and gave him an answer I won't ever forget, he said "Everything." and in that moment I felt the Spirit more than I had ever felt it in my life up to that point. Calder shared with me his favorite scripture and it says:
"Yea, blessed is this people who are willing to bear my name; for in my name shall they be called; and they are mine."
I love that scripture and I would like to agree with Calder about Jesus Christ. What He did, who He is, that is everything to me, everything. I will always be one of His people willing to bear His name, and because of that I will always be His, and I am so grateful for that. I hope you have a delightful birthday Calder you're elite.
Alright, I almost dropped the hardest spiritual thought about Revelations 5 and the 7th seal and I was gonna hit you with Jacob 5:71 and talk about how we are like knee deep in real life Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and the devil is trying to avada kedavra everyone, then I realized that that spiritual thought is what people needed to read, but who knows maybe I drop the 7th seal Deathly Hallows collab one of these days. Anyways, here is the stuff that happened:
- Elder Carson started the week off strong by accidentally pouring milk into his fried rice instead of his cup, he was distraught to say the least
- My sweet Elder Turner called me Monday night at like 10:15 PM to inform me that while his companion Elder Stroud was in the hospital he "accidentally watched 3 hours of the American Ninja Warrior women's final, and Addy won" I love Elder Turner with every fiber of my soul
- Elder Christensen's grandparents took us out to lunch this week and there is this super popular taco place here called Torchy's tacos that all the missionaries like, the only problem is that the restaurant is hell themed but the tacos are like legitimately good enough that it makes it ok, his grandparents were like "oh dear what happened to you David?" But then the food slapped and all was well
- We were having a lesson with Haifeng and Alex and my heavens Alex is so funny. We were talking about how God has blessed us with our bodies and Haifeng was like "Elder Horsley's body is good at basketball" and Alex chimes in and was like "my body is bad at SAT" and then he proceeded to make a devious comment about Elder Carson's diabetes. I love them so much
- Literally just had a biblical miracle. I hurt my foot this week playing bball in flip flops with some chinese folk and the next morning I couldn't even walk, so we got x rays and they were thinking it was a torn ligament and something I might have to go home for, and I was quite nervous, but I just went to the orthopedic surgeon like 10 mins ago and this is literally a miracle, thanks for all the prayers everyone I love you so much
- I love being a missionary
Oh I truly do love being a missionary, I fear for when I go home eventually cause I lost all other talents and this is literally the only talent I currently possess, so we're gonna have to set up like some dating role plays or something idk, anyways here is my favorite story of the week:
- So with our companionship we have 2 people that eat a lot of food and then we have Elder Christensen. So we are at this restaurant with a member and one of my really good friends named Kan who I haven't seen in like 2 months, so it was awesome to see him again. We ate the meal and it was delicious and Elder Christensen was stuffed after his ~800 calorie feast. We were chatting and I was thinking they were gonna pay the bill soon or something but no, Kan gets up and talks to the employee and sits back down is like "I ordered another soup!" one of my hobbies out here has been pressuring others into eating more food so I was like "oh Kan that's great! Elder Christensen loves soup!" I love Elder Christensen so much, and the look that he gave me after was precious. They sit the soup down and they get Elder Christensen a very decent size bowl of his soup that he looks down in fear. Then we started talking about King Buffet cause I am infamous around these parts for eating 9 plates of King Buffet one time, so they are like "how many plates at King Buffet could you eat?" Elder Carson was like "I think probably 7" and Elder Christensen was like "I think 2" and I was like "and if there is soup like 7 bowls of it!" and they loved that so they dished him up some more soup, the dinner was a good time, this is a pretty regular dinner over here haha.
Oh I just love everyone on here, you make it easy for me to obey the two greatest commandments, I hope you are doing great wherever you are! If you ever need anything from me please let me know, cause I truly do care! See you next week!
We had some good drops this week if interested: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qwGY1QhS99ne5wGy8
Pics:
1. Cool pic with the fellas
2. Braums with Elder Christensen's grandparents
3. A flattering photo I took
4. Hell themed taco joint with his grandparents
5. Great meme by a member of my district
6. JJ toying with my crutches
7. Elder Carson zonked during a mild Elders quorum class
8. Me handicapped








Comments
Post a Comment