WEEK 1 - I love english so much
Oh my goodness I love the beautiful language of English. I have taken it for granted for far too long. I solemnly swear from now on every time I speak a word of English I will be grateful for it. The appreciation I have found found for this language has all stemmed from home MTC. Ladies and Gentlemen the entire thing is in Chinese. Like the whole thing. On the first call we had I didn't pick up a dang thing, but now I am kinda catching on.
My experience with this language could only be explained by one man, and that man is Bear Grills: "survival can be summed up in three words - never give up."
I can't wait to go to the actually MTC but I can wait to say goodbye to my family and friends. That is going to be quite sad.
Let me tell you guys about some of the stuff that has happened this week (there is actually no chance this is gonna be in order)
- plot twist me sam springer, sam molen, and ellie ware are all in the same district and that is way dope.
- the rest of my district is way cool especially the goat himself elder francom who is my companion. He is such an intelligent and vibrant young man, the Lord must be so proud of him.
- Like half of the graduating class of 2023 started the MTC on august 7th so i've been able to spend a bunch of time with a lot of them, I got the opportunity of a lifetime to participate in a photoshoot with elder kirkum which was such an uplifting, testimony building experience.
- I gave my farewell yesterday that was pretty neat, thank you for everyone who came it made my day
- if i maintain this diet for another year I may have to leave my mission early and go on the show biggest loser, so I got to get a grip on that
- On one of our zoom calls brother blackhurst was doing a roleplay with elder throne where brother blackhurst was teaching us how to ask an investigator to read the book of mormon. Elder thorne was pretending to not want to read it. Brother blackhurst asked him (in chinese smh) why he didn't want to read it. Elder Thorne said he was always so busy because he was a dock worker, and then proceeded to give concerningly specific details about being a dock worker. I have no idea where he procured this information, but i thought it was the funniest thing ever. I laughed for like 30 mins. you guys are probably thinking wow we already lost henry that is not funny. Maybe it wasn't but literally anything is funny to me now. Thank you Elder Thorne
- thats about it idk if this is what your supposed to do but alright my pictures are down there
1. Me, Elder Springer, and Elder Molen soaking up the spirituality of the 12-1 devotional
2. Elder Francom (ladies he is unavailable for 2 years)
3. Kirks mother took us on a field trip to our place of education (我们的学校)
4. I laughed at this for 45 minutes straight on Wednesday
5. Lots of people were asking to hear my farewell so here is a recording of it, i will be so impressed if you listen to the whole thing
Bye everyone I love you




Comments
Post a Comment