WEEK 2 - Dave from Alvin and the Chipmunks

Ok before I talk about my week you just gotta trust me here. I just read the last 3 chapters of 3rd Nephi Like 2 hours ago for the first time, and juuuuuuuudas it is incredible. If you're not my dad (who I guarantee is loving that last sentence) I know what you're thinking right now: goodness I don't want to hear this guy's spiritual thoughts and accept his challenges. I know what you're thinking because that is what I think everytime I read someone's missionary email. Just consider it, it was so cool. The BOM is so necessary and pairs so well with the bible, and I am just exhilarated that Jesus Christ came to the americas. But anyways here is what happened this week - On Monday and Tuesday I did my final teachings unto my family just like Christ did to his disciples before he was sold by judas. Just kidding, we went to snowbird and did the alpine slide and ate a bunch of good food. It was a good way to end my time at home MTC. I actually really like home MTC which seems to be an unpopular opinion these days, but I mean I'll take being with my family over like anything (@Elder Molen). I really miss my fam. - It was finally the big day on wednesday I woke up and went to the gym with some friends which was fun and not really sad at the time. It all hit me during my morning shower. Then it was time to pack with my mom, as we were walking down the stairs I was so sad that I guess I fell down the stairs and me and my mom both started crying lol. I greatly miss my mom. We went to lunch and they dropped me off. I was so depressed. I got into the MTC and immediately wanted to go home once again. It was like so hard for the first two days. - Elder Francom is so coooool. On zoom he told me he was 5 ' 3 " and if you know me, you know I am infatuated by short people. So I was totally ready to meet my short companion. But plot twist he is like 600,000 feet tall. Thou shalt not lie Elder Francom. You are tall. Like too tall. But I still love him and so does Jesus. Everyone here is so tall. I am 6 ' 2 " and I am below the average height here at the MTC. Idk if tall people are closer to heaven or something and that makes them want to serve a mission, but like my confidence has been challenged by these men towering over me. - I love my district, everyone is so great. Elder Molen's companion Elder Hadley sounds exactly like Dave from Alvin and the chipmunks which is so uplifting. I could just listen to his soothing voice for hours on end. Sometimes we just let him talk at night and mannnn it is such a beautiful thing. - This week's Friday and Saturday and Sunday was soooo much better then gosh darn Wednesday and Thursday. I am getting used to the MTC now, kinda. The food here needs work if I'm being honest with myself. I can't wait to go to Texas and fully embrace the damaging effects that food has on a human being. It is going to taste so good. - I think I know Chinese now. It's strange because none of this made sense earlier but I feel like I can speak it now. I eat lunch with native Chinese speakers now and we just kinda talk in Chinese with no problem. So that's neat. - Don't take your family for granted everyone. They are so good, probably, idk my family is awesome. I miss them so much and all of my friends and everyone but this is a good thing I am doing and I must do it. I hope I haven't already fallen to the weirdness that often takes missionaries. We'll see. - OH MY HEAVENS. I was gonna close this email and forgot 100% the most productive and spiritual and amazing part of my week which was playing hours of ping pong with mainly Elder Molen and a bunch of Koreans. I'm not that good at a ton of things but I think I'm actually quite good at it now. Me and Molen are having daily passionate ping pong games. If they put a ping pong table in the celestial room I would literally have all of my favorite stuff in one spot it would be so cool - I love you all so much, please have the best week of your life, also please reach out to me because I miss you all so much and love to talk. 1. Me all ready for my day as a missionary 2. This Chinese dude with an australian accent from a zoom call 3. Everyone knew this person from seminary, I didn't but I pretended to know 4. I'm a temple guy now 5. Super dope picture of me looking like an employee 6. My best friend who is a native chinese speaker 7. Don't worry guys Dallas is like a billion degrees always

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 103 - I'm On Steroids

WEEK 5 - the puzzle fiend

WEEK 72 - Various Italian Dishes