WEEK 3 - Everyone here has a wedding date

I wish someone would have told me that the Book Of Mormon was worth reading before my mission smh. No I'm kidding, many people (especially father) have made that clear in my life. I just didn't listen I guess. Oh well you win some you lose some. No but like fr its great. 3 Nephi especially. I can just tell this book is so true when I read about Jesus coming to America. Either 3rd grade educated Joseph Smith was the most genius and successful con man of all time or he was a true prophet. And I choose the second one. Alright enough spirituality let me tell you what happened this week. - Monday was my pday and it was soooooo good to talk to my family. That day at lunch it was impossible to get my food because there were upwards of 200,000 missionaries in the cafeteria at once and everyone butts the line, but me being the christlike soul I am just sat in line for like an hour. Eventually I received revelation that I needed to butt the line so I did then felt bad :/ - Then I did another terrible thing: so basically my class is on the fourth floor, so naturally I have the right to take the elevator to class. My biggest pet peeve is the people who take the elevator to the second floor. So we get on the elevator to go to my nighttime class and someone presses the button for the second floor. So I then said something kinda funny and kinda unkind about taking the elevator to floor two (cause I was hangry) but then that elder walked out on crutches with a torn ACL. So I was a net negative to the world that day. - Tuesday I sang in the choir for a general authority who came to speak. I plopped myself right in the middle of the front row of the bassists and I convinced all the missionaries in the MTC that I was the lead bassist and Elder Thorne was my second chair. It actually made some of the other passionate die hard bassists of the choir mad, but it was funny. I respectfully invited some of the complainers to relocate to the tenors, because as lead bassist I run a no nonsense section. - The title of this email is true. Idk if I was like doing something wrong before the mtc or something but like EVERYONE here has a significant other waiting for them back at home. So I guess I'll come home and try harder idk. Hopefully not everyone is married by the time I am home or I'm out of luck. - Some people say veterans or like mothers are the heroes of this country. Yes they are. But they gotta throw the 9 week elders and sisters in there. I love it here but I can't imagine 9 weeks. That is soooo long. I already am like going crazy after 11 days so I don't even know how elder Shallenberger is still perfectly sane after 64. - I found a really really short person so that was cool. If you remember from my last email I am absolutely infatuated by the less tall community. I'll just leave it there so I don't get in trouble, but believe me I have a lot to say. Everyone here is so tall and so short. Ok I'm done. - I have AMAZING news. Me and Elder Sam Molen who lots of you know have been heavily relying on ping pong here. We played a five day series and it came down to the fifth day and whoever won was the ultimate champion. So naturally tensions were high. I ended up cooking him with an insane comeback and now he has to write about how I cooked him in his email so that was a really spiritual experience this week. - I got to welcome new missionaries Wednesday, which made me kinda sad because I miss my family and I had to try to console crying families as I participated in the horrible experience of watching them leave their son for 2 years in a parking garage. - The only cool thing that I remember that happened thursday till now was I did a chinese endowment session. That made me happy because I actually understood what was going on, and I got to be with so many Chinese missionaries and Chinese people, so I loved that. - Sorry this email was so long, I will work on shortening these but I just like writing them so much that it is kinda hard to make them short. I miss everyone so much so pleaseeee email or messenger me with what is going on in your life. Good luck in whatever you're doing and remember your number one supporter other than your family, God, and Jesus is me. And I am cheering you on from wherever I am at. I love you all! If anyone wants to see photos from my mission as they happen join this link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qwGY1QhS99ne5wGy8 Pictures: 1. My comp got a dope pic of me with the branch president 2. Elder Wong and me had a game of Jenga that will go down in the history books ( I lost ) 3. I had to say goodbye to my precious elder Hyde 4. Sister Summers took a dope picture of me at night idk 5. COOKED Molen in ping pong 6. Said goodbye to Elder Jeff (something samoan) so also sad 7. Me and Elder Shallenberger full of joy because we leave Friday 8. Saw Elder Seo like 8 times a day this week so that was incredible, love him

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 103 - I'm On Steroids

WEEK 5 - the puzzle fiend

WEEK 72 - Various Italian Dishes