WEEK 7 - Elder Campbell was scammed
I no longer feel time. Pday ends, then I kinda exist (and grind to my souls absolute limit with missionary stuff) and then its pday again. I don't mind whatsoever though, I love Pday but like as I'm writing this email I'm just confused on how 7 days have already passed.
Anyways, let me tell ya what happened this week:
- My week naturally started off beautifully with a nice Pday talking to all of you (thank you so much). It was Elder Campbells Birthday too, and that was fun to celebrate with him. So his week was beautiful until about 3:30 PM on Monday. So basically Elder Campbell thought he would treat himself to a nice new pair of running shoes. He wanted to "literally and symbolically run into his third decade of life" (idk). So we went to a store called Fleet Feet. So I have done a little running in the past (back in my days of obesity) and I was explaining to Elder Campbell how like he didn't need the nicest and most expensive running shoes, just ones that were comfortable enough to run in. So we walked in and I went to the side to talk to all of you (thank you again) and Elder Cambell was talking to an employee. Well little did I know Elder Campbell was going to take my advice as a grain of salt. He decided on a pair and asked me if I liked the shoes, and I was like ya they are dope (I had no idea at the time, they just looked like normal shoes on the outside). Anyways we were driving home and I kid you not, he asks: "do you think 210 is to expensive for running shoes?" I was like "Judas Elder Campbell, YES, literally what did we talk about the entire way over?" He got like special soles and then like another 60 dollars worth of "running socks." So unless this man is planning to be the worlds next ultramarathon champion, he was scammed. I tried to say like "hey man we could totally turn around and I could help you get a cheaper pair." But he was sure that this was the right move. Must've been pretty out of tune with the Spirit that day, because I can assure you it was not.
- You are probably wondering: why did Elder Campbell need the running shoes. Well he wants to be a lot healthier in his 20s, which I think is super awesome and I have been supporting him and trying to help in anyway I can. So his plan was to run a lot and get on a healthier diet, I have been joining him and like trying to eat healthier and stuff and do more core workouts and its been great. So every morning at 6 we walk to the gym. Elder Campbell wears different shoes and socks on the walk to the gym and carries his 210 dollar running shoes and 30 dollar socks. If you ask me this defeats the point of the shoes, but he seems satisfied with only using them for his power walking / jogging on the treadmill. Oh well, some of the stuff he does just makes me laugh. I'm laughing just writing this email. But the new health thing has been dope.
- So I had the best food of my life I think this week. The GOAT herself Ma Na took us to another way too expensive place this week. This was the lady that took us to the Korean BBQ place last week and she is so dope. (We eat insanely well like every other day and I'm so thankful) So we walk in and I can already tell this is like one of the nicest places I have ever stepped foot in. Just a bunch of really well dressed old chinese ladies walking around with carts with random stuff in them. They sat us down and it begun. Like 7 ladies came up to us and were asking what we want with the most rapid of chinese ever spoken. I tried to keep up, luckily Ma Na came in clutch and got us a bunch of good stuff. The chicken feet and this super weird skin thing weren't my favorite. But oh my genuine heavens. THE NOODLES. Oh spare me, it was soooooo good, I can confidently say that was the best food I have ever had in my life. Mother and Father, we will be going back here when we are in dallas again. It was just, Oh my goodness, so good. I am like salivating writing about it. Anyways, Elder Campbell is very allergic to nuts or something (@Sam Springer). So naturally he dove head first into the strange new cuisine and had a nut. i didn't notice, until my man started puffing up and coughing. He then chose to publicly overdose on benadryl, which was kinda sad to watch but a tiny bit funny. After that was over we came back to the apartment, and Elder Campbell started doing some language study on the floor. He got on the floor and just fell asleep. I guess he was just exhausted from being scammed, power walking, and overdosing bless his heart. He proceeded to sleep and I had an amazing comp study alone so that was neat.
- With working out I have kinda had one main problem and that is music. I liked the stuff they let us listen to for like 3 hours and now it is literal verbal poison. So I have had to find new stuff. I am happy to report that I work out to "As Now We Take The Sacrament" on repeat. Judge me all you want but that song hitssss hard when I'm working out. Tyler balls if you wouldn't mind finding a dope piano remix to that song and sending it my way, it would be appreciated.
- On Friday we were volunteering at a place where children go on field trips, and at this place they basically just trick the kids into living an amish lifestyle. I did not vote for this service, it was Elder Campbell. We were working with this dude named Jim and he was so dope. He reminded me of my grandpa Jim, so that was awesome. We were like taking a fence down with him. I was loving this guy until he asked me if I lived rurally. He told me "Man you sure know how to do some farm work." I took slight offense to this comment, but maybe I am good at farming. Maybe I will just lay down my love for modernization, and just become a farmer. To many signs have point me in that direction recently, idk what to do at this point. I've got some second cousins who kinda live rurally and they are still way cool, so maybe. But probably not.
- I went to this chinese market for a language study, and I was having the time of my life. Everything there was so strange and I just wanted to look at it all because it was so foreign. Anyways we went over to the seafood spot and they just had live fish, blue crabs, FROGS, and TURTLES. They were all just in like buckets it was insane. I was infatuated by these creatures. People just came up and grabbed them with tongs and bought them, and took them home, killed them, then ate them. It was wild. I felt some empathy for only the frogs for some reason. I might go back and buy a frog and just free it for no reason. Kinda like what Jesus did for us. But I will be back. Seeing those frogs makes me realllllly want to watch princess and the frog. So mark your calendars everyone, big P+F watch party at my house in 2025.
- Sunday was just so wild today, idk if you can even consider todays Elders Quorum church lol. It started off as a nice lesson. I was really feeling the spirit really strongly. My man brother Chen who is a young 84 years old, was teaching about how we give our imperfect harvest to Jesus and he accepts it and celebrates it. He related it to his career, then asked me what I wanted to for my Job. I wouldn't dare tell this group of chinese men I want to be a stand up comedian, so I left that part out and just told them about the company I want to start. That is when the lesson ended I guess. With 45 minutes left of class they begun to map out my future career. They switched the language to half chinese half broken english (much appreciated) and all started interrupting each other with their own advice for my schooling and career. They were telling me I was going to be a "big boss" and I would need to come back and tell them about my company. Then they asked me what I wanted to study in school. I said probably marketing. This started an all out brawl with the members in this class. The majority was arguing for me to major in computer science, and was giving me every fact ever on why that would be a better major. But there were some other parties fighting their heart out in this conversation. Then when it couldn't get weirder, it did. Brother Chen got really close to me and started telling me the unethical things he did to his employees and why he regrets it. And how as a boss we need to treat our people fair. So naturally many others chimed in with the unethical practices they had been apart of in their own careers. Luckily time ran out as Peter was accusing everyone of not mowing their own lawns because they are not as hard of workers as he is (idk). I think this was a little confusing for the investigators I had brought with me, but I sure hope they felt the spirit, because I did, It was hilarious.
- Anyways I have noticed here just being someones friend changes so much. It has helped me help others make covenants with God. It is such a small thing that can change so much. I challenge you to just be someones friend who needs it, whoever you are, it makes such a difference. Its exactly what Jesus would do.
- Thats all, so sorry for the super long email but thank you so much to everyone who reaches out to me it means so much. I love and think about every single one of you on a hourly basis. Let me know how your life is going. LOVE YOU!
I put lots of fun stuff on here join if you want: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qwGY1QhS99ne5wGy8
Pictures:
1. The most delicious meal of my life
2. Ready for the temple
3. Temple
4. Fighting demons after knocking doors
5. Farm service
6. So much ramen oh my goodness
7. The live frogs I might save
8. This note was given to my comp, with like an islamic curse picture inside so that was scary








Comments
Post a Comment