WEEK 40 - "Alright I'm Sorry Elder Yee But You Have To Make Yourself Throw Up"

Howdy everyone, before I get into the email today I just want to wish every single Mom reading this a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! Moms are so amazing and my Mom is the most amazing of them all by far, and I am so eternally grateful for my Mom and my Grandma's and my Aunts and every other Mom out there! You guys make me want to dedicate every fiber of my soul to the feminist movement, you are so incredible and I am so incredibly thankful for what y'all do! Actually, since it seems that about 2/3 of the people who read my emails are Moms, I am going to make this spiritual thought about Moms. Have you ever just gone to the south and knocked on the most suspect looking door you have ever seen, and then a Mom who has almost nothing opens the door and makes you feel insanely loved? Well I experience that just about every single day. Where I am, it is kinda surprising if you see a Mom and a Dad together with their kids. Most of the Dads here leave and don't ever come back. But something that is so cool to see is how nearly every single child here still has their Mom. What I have noticed is that it is wired into each Mom's soul to take care of their children and show them unconditional and Christlike love. The closest love we will ever experience to God's love for us, is the love that Mom's have for their children. Lots of the time you don't even have to be that Mom's child to feel that love. I speak with a ton of black single moms out here and all of them call me "baby" and get mad at me if I am knocking in a dangerous part of town, or if it is too cold outside, or if I look thirsty. Lots of times they are not interested in the gospel but I can think of like 3 times in total where one of these Moms hasn't shown me an insane amount of kindness and love. Our world would suck if we didn't have this love we get from our Moms. I know when I leave this earth that my Mom will be the first to welcome me back to my real home. Thank you all Moms and especially my Mom for absolutely blinding me with the light of Christ you radiate with. But like fr it feels so good when you knock on a door and every southern black lady says "please baby! whatchu you think you doin out in this bitter rain! oh baby may the Lord protect ya!" judas they make me feel like a hero. But ya my week was very wild this week let me tell ya what happened: - On Thursday night we had quite the night. We had to flee from a very dangerous situation (I wish I could say what happened, but Mother has requested I don't put this part in my email, sigh). Right after we fled we realized we had a lesson in the same complex we just escaped from. This lesson we had was with a group of people (one of them last time was the guy who made us second hand high off of fentanyl) but other than him everyone was down to hear more, so we hadddd to go back. We prayed before going to our lesson and we both felt like it was a good idea so we went back. This apartment is the worst living conditions I have ever seen in my life. There is poop and cockroaches all over the place, tons of drugs are being taken all of the time, and the kitchen, judas, the kitchen might be the least hygienic thing I have laid my eyes upon, it is so dark in there, and it honestly is just a horrible place to be. But the people inside are wonderful people and I love them dearly. Anyways, we get there and my boy Tyler is like "hey you guys are always doing nice things for people, so I thought I would do something nice for you!" He then proceeds to surprise us with two plates of chicken and like this rice thing. - I felt like he was either attempting to poison us or be super nice, so I took a gamble and said "yum we accept!" I realized how incredibly dangerous this was to eat, so I had like 3 bites of this cold chicken and made an elite excuse on why we needed to leave in about 2 minutes. I was super nice about it and I was like "man this is so good Tyler, you should be on iron chef!" I may never understand why, but I looked over at Elder Yee and saw that he had consumed all of the chicken on his plate and with fear in his eyes he was like "yum that was delicious Tyler" We finally got out of that wretched place and I looked over at Elder Yee and I was like "Alright I am sorry Elder Yee, but you have to make yourself throw up" he looks back at me with sadness in his eyes and says "ya I know" so we went our separate ways and made ourselves throw up. Something about seeing Elder Yee hunched over in some bushes forcing himself to throw up after a traumatizing experience made me realize how fortunate he was to have a trainer like me (sarcasm). But ya after Elder Yee took his fair share of time forcing himself to regurgitate this chicken we got back in the car and called the senior health missionary, and she applauded me for my "survival instincts." But ya, great experience, learned a lot. - I love this place I am in so much and these people mean so much to me. We get into dangerous situations quite often but there is never a doubt in my mind if I have the Lord on my side. Even in these intense situations I can still see His hand and it is so cool. We found so many new people this week, more than I ever could have imagined we would be able to find in a week. The Lord is just so good it is insane. I love everyone so much and I miss y'all a lot. I have more stories but this one wins for this week haha. Have such a good week! Love you! Pictures: 1. Elder Yee passed away sadly 2. New favorite tie 3. Elder "AP" Magleby 4. Very welcoming sign 5. Elder Yee having fun with a flashlight 6. Nothing pleases me more than a leadership call 7. We were on a bridge so we took a pic

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 103 - I'm On Steroids

WEEK 5 - the puzzle fiend

WEEK 72 - Various Italian Dishes