WEEK 42 - Elder Yee Declares War On Humidity
Howdy all of my dearest loved ones, I love you all and I hope that is abundantly clear! It is blowing my literal mind that some of you are graduating, and some of you are getting married, and some of you also invested in NVIDIA with me (huzzah), and some of you are doing other things and that is great. There are so many great things going on, and whatever is going on in your life I would just like to say congrats and well done and I miss you.
The thought that these literal children the grade below me are now graduating has left me in awe this week. I remember a little more than a year ago when I was getting close to graduation and I decided to go on a mission. I decided that I was gonna go to Taiwan on my mission and I was hyped about that. Over spring break I was in Universal Studios with my family and I remember getting the text that said my call had arrived. I got really excited and mozied my way into a nearby Irish pub excited to open my call to Taiwan. I opened it up and it was like "you're going to Texas" and I remember my heart just absoltuely sunk. I couldn't believe that my letter that was supposed to send me to Taiwan brought me to Texas. I walked out of that pub back to my Mom and she could see the devestation within me. Oh my heavens I was literally dying inside. Anyways I remember just trying to figure out if this was a dealbreaker and honestly I was genuinely considering not going anymore. It was a miracle that I was in Universal Studios because without the Velocicoaster I probably would've denied my call and instead of writing this email right now I'd probably be like black out drunk at Arizona State or something.
But anyways I was just so heartbroken for like a week straight. How freaking prideful of me oh my goodness. Judas, I cannot believe that I thought that I knew more than the Lord. I did learn a super valuable lesson from this though. Regardless of how earth shattering and life changing we think something is we have to realize that the Lord has a plan and it might not exactly align with ours. So whatever difficult thing you are experiencing or whatever hard choice you have to make soon just trust in the Lord. If you're like me and you just got your mission call and you're not hyped about it, or if you are deciding if you should even go, just ask yourself "what is the Lord's plan for me?" and I can ASSURE you His plan is better than yours. Texas is literally the best possible place to me and I am so hyped that He had this plan for me.
Apparently this experience made my parents qutie stressed haha you should ask them about it. It no longer bothers me whatsoever but apparently they have harbored a bit of PTSD from that. I suggested that when we go back to Universal Studios we should hit that pub again. They do not like that idea. Anyways this week was very fast and fun here is what happened:
- Nobody in this world hates the humidity more than Elder Yee. I personally like it, but I have never seen weather patterns make someone so mad in all my life. One night we had some lessons at my favorite apartment complex and it was like 90 degrees with 90% humidity and Elder Yee was already battling the humidity demons. We were knocking at the top floor of one of the buildings and that added probably another 15 degrees and 10% humidity. It was pretty hot and I was definitely sweating a little, but I look over at Elder Yee and he is just drenched and he looked so angry oh my goodness. We finished knocking those doors and he was like "hallelujah we can go down to a lower floor" and then one of our friends who we know pretty well walks out of their door and we start having a lesson. You could visibly see how dissapointed Elder Yee was about this but alas we started teaching. I was talking about how small things like daily prayer and scripture study can help build our faith in Jesus Christ. I turned over to Elder Yee because it was his turn to pipe in. And he was like "um ya" *wipes the sweat off his forehead with his tie* "anyways as Elder Horsley was saying" *wipes again" "sorry haha it is hot up here" *wipes some more* "GOSH ELDER HORSLEY can't you just get this!?" I was like "Judas alright" and I was able to contain my laughter for like 10 seconds, and I was able to testify of these truths until I looked over at Elder Yee and just saw him so butthurt as he aggresively was wiping his face over and over and over again and I just lost it. After I was able to contain myself we continued the lesson and it actually went super well! I just asked Elder Yee if he would rather spend his days poaching endangered animals (he likes animals) or live the rest of his life in humidity and he says poaching endangered animals. Anyways he wants y'all do know how much he hates humidity the end.
- So we were on our way to literally my best friend Sergio's house for a lesson this last week. While we were on our way I noticed some interesting weather patterns happening in the sky. There was this weirdly low cloud that was super dark and like an upside down cone coming from it. I was like "hm I feel like that is a tornado Elder Yee but there are no sirens going off" We called some other missionaries and they were like "stop being dumb Elder Horsley if it was a tornado we would know because we would get warned by our president or the sirens" and I was like "alright" so I changed into the left lane and that gave us like an extra 15 feet of space between this neat weather pattern and went on my merry way. Anyways we didn't think anything of it, and then the next day people were like "oh my gosh did you guys hear about the tornado that touched down on the 155?" they proceeded to show me some pictures of the damage that this tornado had caused cause apparently it was pretty bad. Anyways there really isn't any point to this story I just want everyone to know that I was correct and that a tornado nearly attacked me.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week. I just got some super hard news yesterday so we are gonna have to work on trusting in the Lord together haha. I would do horrible things for just one ride on the Velocicoaster right now someone please go ride it for me. Love y'all so much have a such an amazing week!
Google Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qwGY1QhS99ne5wGy8
Pics:
1. Elder Yee liked the snake
2. I also liked the snake
3. Getting ready for the storm
4. Fun picture after a day of labor
5. My parents came to visit Texas
6. Elder Yee with a tree
7. Cool bumper sticker







Comments
Post a Comment