WEEK 57 - NAACP
What is up everyone?! Shoutout Lance he got engaged, I'm gonna have a sister in law that's neat. Anyways, how is everyone doing?! I hope y'all had a good week, I love and miss you!
If u know me you know I have a problem: gambling addiction. Just kidding, my problem is that when I see something I like I get way over excited and I'm like "that was literally my favorite (movie, song, vacation, TV show, ect.) I've ever experienced." And usually it's just me exaggerating but like I am fr about this one. I have come across the greatest Christian song I have ever heard. It is called "my promise land" by Josiah Queen, everyone must listen to it, please I am begging you. There is a line in the song that slaps everytime I hear it, it says
"And if that means that I leave all of my things, then I will go with you"
I think Josiah Queen in this song realizes something important that took me a long time to realize. It is that there is nothing more important than the Lord and it is worth leaving ALL of your things to follow Him. Nothing in your life can benefit you more than a relationship with the Savior Jesus Christ. I remember always asking my Dad when I was younger dumb would you rather questions in the car like "dad would you say the f word for 1 billion dollars?" eventually I turned into Zeezrom from the BOM and would start trying to see where he would draw the line of his faith. I remember asking my Dad the stupidest questions ever and he would always answer keeping his faith regardless of the consequence. I didn't understand then, but I understand now. Nothing is more important, no would you rather can change my mind. Go listen to the song.
"This weather makes we want to go outside and eat a nice juicy peach" - Elder Christensen
That's a rather unhinged comment for my companion but I thought that was funny and a beautiful segway into the email this week and I will say, we had a lot of great stuff happen, so enjoy:
- The NAACP came to speak at our stake conference for something idk, but I was sitting by my friends who were understanding maybe 2% of what was being spoken (cause it was in English) and the lady who is in charge of the NAACP was speaking at the pulpit and was like "I'm now gonna show y'all a video" and boom starts playing like a trap compilation of this equal rights school they made here. and it's a solid 3 minute video with a bunch a black youth doing things. Heaven knows what was going through my chinese friends minds, but it was a change of pace during the conference so it was much appreciated by me
- I'm getting another greenie so I'll be in a trio with Elder Christensen who I'm currently training and a new one. I am frankly not in the mood to explain all of the things you have to do as a missionary again so we will see how this goes
- Two of my favorite people ever, Elder Stroud and Elder Turner, who are in my district have recently fallen victim to gluttony. They purchased 64 oz jugs from a gas station that come with a bunch of refills. They honestly might be pounding upwards of 124 ounces of mountain dew a day at this point which is greatly concerining. But anyways, after some health consequences I am now assisting them in their no soda goal so I'll lyk how it goes
- Our friend Angie got baptized! Oh she is so amazing and one of our recent converts Flora spoke at her baptism and it was beautiful. Idk what happened put here, but it really doesn't take much to make me shed a tear or two. Angie was in tears, Flora was crying, I was feeling it
- We were teaching our good friends Alex and Haifeng and Elder Christensen was supposed to teach Faith In Jesus Christ and he was like "Ok Haifeng, we are going to teach your favorite principle" and his son Alex is like "smoking?" what a devious comment by Alex I love him
Alright one more story long version:
- So we were finding over in my favorite market this week, and I am just so tight with every hispanic worker at these Chinese markets, everytime I see them I'm like "hola hermano! como estas?!" and that is like all of the spanish I know and they just love it. Anyways, I see this new fella working in the market so I hit him with my hola hermano como estas and he loves it per usual, then I go on my merry way and do some finding. As I'm talking to people I come across this new item I haven't seen in the market yet, it is these massive $9 beef testicles so I whip out my phone and take a picture. My new spanish friend sees me taking a pic so he meanders his way over and starts talking to me. I was trying to work my way in a "no abla espanol hermano" but there was no room, he was passionate about these beef testicles. So he pretty much gives his 2 minute dissertation on the beef testicles and then he left under the impression that I am an elite spanish speaker cause I understood this chat about beef testicles. What he doesn't know doesn't hurt him. Now everytime I go into that market me and him have an extra special bond. I love being a missionary.
Welp that's all thanks for all who read these and keeps me updated on life, I love you all so much! Have such a great week!
GOOGLE PHOTOS: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qwGY1QhS99ne5wGy8
Pics:
1. The beef testicles that started such a lovely convo
2. My friends with their 64's
3. Me and the district at Braums
4. Alex, Haifeng, and Yujuan
5. Zhang Fan wanted to try my glasses
6. Pre baptism
7. Angie's baptism!
8. Me chatting with President
9. Great meeting with some good friends
10. Zone conference pic










Comments
Post a Comment