WEEK 58 - Stabbing My Son
Hello everyone! I hope y'all are doing wonderfully! I feel more wonderful than I have ever felt in my whole life. It's crazy, I literally wake up everyday and do my morning stuff, then I leave the apartment at 10 AM, and it feels like about an hour of pure joy passes, then boom it's like 9:35 PM and I am rolling on my floor complaining that I have to journal. I love being a missionary so much.
This week I have been like hyper focused on my new favorite scriptures that have left me riveted. Pretty much the context is Jesus explains to a huge group that if you want to be saved, you have to eat of His flesh and drink of His blood. That left quite of a few of his disciples appalled and it says:
"From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him."
I can imagine many devoted disciples hearing about that and being like "good heavens, I believe in this man, I have seen him do miracles, but this is just too weird for me."
"Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life."
I am with Peter on this one. I don't even know where else I could go, I don't know of anyone who will give me everything like the Savior has. Yes the sacrament was weird at first, yes Abraham was probably weirded out when he was told to sacrifice Isaac, yes the rich man thought it was weird to sell everything he has and follow Christ, yes it's weird that we cannot drink coffee or tea, yes it was weird for Lehi's family to leave Jerusalem, yes it is weird to sacrifice two years of your life preaching a message, yes it was weird that Jesus chose fishermen and publicans and sinners to be His apostles. It is. But this is everything to me, and if I don't have Him, to whom shall I go? I know who has the words of eternal life and I will follow Him anywhere.
Judas that was hefty, alright, let's see this week was just wonderful I truly had a great time, here were some things that happened:
- Elder Carson in the name of my new missionary and he is the whole package let me tell ya, he's from China, he won like Mr. Olympia youth addition in the Philippines, type 1 diabetic, he's so down to talk to everyone, I'll tell you more about him later in the email. My two greenies I'm with right now make my life so fun and wholesome
- I got approached by an older and more wealthy Chinese woman who offered me a full China tour with her when I finish my mission, a little sus but I'll likely take her up on that
- Church was so good this week! I got my agency taken away from me with some sneak attack hugs by various female members but it was chill, I love the branch so much, in class we were watching the Samuel the Lamanite BOM video and one of the bad guys sees this girl who is standing for righteousness so he pushes her down to the ground and idk why but I let out a small chuckle and Pat in front of me was not amused
- I got to go to this stake meeting on Sunday and all 3 of my beloved sons were also there, it was so cool to be with them, I've had the most goated companions on my mission
- I love being a missionary
I am regularly breaking the 10th commandment these days because I am coveting the amount of time all of these new missionaries have left on their missions, this is my everything and I wouldn't trade it for anything and I am so hyped for the rest of my mission. Anyways idk where that little nugget came from, here is the story:
- So this week like I have mentioned I got a new missionary! There were two new Chinese missionaries coming into this mission, I was already training one who came six weeks ago, but they told me I would be training two. So I knew I was getting another new missionary but I didn't know if it was Elder Sorenson or Elder Carson. Anyways we go to the airport to pick them up and on the drive there I had a great discussion with Elder Schneider (the other trainer) about the ethicality of working in the oil industry, it was a great discussion. We get there and it is always so weird being back in the dang airport, soon two strapping young men walk out of the doors and it was wonderful getting to know them. We get in the van and we are just chatting up a storm and idk how it happened but I start freestyle rapping and that just instantly bonded us. I wanted to just kidnap them both cause they were both so wonderful. We get to our lunch spot and Elder Carson whips out something that looked like a vape pen for a moment and I was like "ooh what's that?" and he was like "this is my insulin pen, do you want to stab me with it?" I knew in an instant that this was my son. So I stabbed him then pounded upwards of like 4000 calories for lunch and I was right! He was and he is wonderful and I love him, it is definitely worth taking a gander in my google photos to see his chinese impression
Welp that's all, thanks for those who read I love you, I also love those of you who didn't and I miss all. Please have just a great week!
Google Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qwGY1QhS99ne5wGy8
Pics:
1. Panda with my two comps
2. Elder Carson's dope tattoo
3. Me getting some groceries
4. Me and Elder Carson ready for the day
5. Branch party
6. Me with my 3 sons
7. idk







Comments
Post a Comment