WEEK 61 - Hole In The Ground

Howdy everyone! I love you and I hope you are doing wonderfully! My companion Elder Carson said "I don't think I've ever met someone who likes conference more than you Elder Horsley" Sorry father, you're no longer the conference fiend of the household. Speaking of conference, good heavens, I loved it so much. Oh my, it was so good my gosh, maybe I've been out too long or something, cause judassss this one was THOROUGHLY enjoyed by me. I had so many favorite talks from it, but my most favorite was the one by Elder Soares. His final line literally shook my soul he said: "What works for Thee, works for me." Hearing that felt like back in the day watching 8 Mile for the first time. My soul just quaked. It is literally so true oh my gosh. I had an extremely hard thing I had to do this week for another person that I cannot write about. It would've been probably easier to just avoid the situation but I never even thought of that, as soon as I heard about this problem I knew in an instant that I would do what the Lord would want me to do. I used to not be like that. I would find excuses to do what I wanted to do thinking I could help myself and pave a really good way for me. But I realize now that I cannot save myself. There is only One who can save me, and it's the Lord. The way I like to do things will not accomplish the things that I want in my life, only the way of the Lord can bring me that true joy I desire so very much. Anyways, my point is that if you feel as if you're in a hard situation or you have doubts or whatever it is, I urge you to align your will with His and it will all work out I promise, it has for me. Alrighty this week was pretty good, before I start I have a little update on the poop situation from last email. As of last week when I wrote the email they had installed a new toilet. No longer. There is a massive hole in the ground where that toilet used to be I actually passed away when I saw that. Anyways here is the week: - We were at a meeting and I was sitting by the most handsome Elder in this mission, Elder Hale. The missionaries giving the training said "who remembers the 3 c's from the last zone conference?" and we get through the first 2 c's and I was like "clarity?" and everyone heard me except the missionaries giving the training, Elder Hale thought this was a great opportunity so he swoops in like a bull moose and says "CLARITY" and they were like "haha no" and everyone laughed, it was funny - I got lunch with the goat, my brother Calder! It was so fun I love that brother man so much. We pounded some Korean BBQ and we made sure that Elder Christensen got himself a soup - Some friends got put on date this week! I am so hyped for them! - My best friend and the first person I baptized on my mission, Chu Yang, got the melchizedek priesthood this sunday and he did the most cold blooded thing. He gets the melchizedek priesthood, and since he is the assistant clerk, he just menacingly walks into the other room and prints his own gosh dang certificate, he is so certified, also he's getting endowed this Saturday, so excited - During Chu Yang's melchizedek priesthood post potluck party one of our members Penny decided to just film me the whole time - Conference slapped - I love being a missionary Ok I am not gonna hit ya with a long story today cause none of them need further elaboration, but just know this, I do love you and I care about you. Have a good week, follow the two greatest commandments, and be happy! I'd love to hear from you! Join: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qwGY1QhS99ne5wGy8 1. Sam's club district lunch 2. KBBQ with 2 comps and a brother 3. Elder Carson swaddled up in Elder Christensen's bed 4. Me with the biggest dog I've ever seen 5. Great friend Marco in Peru watching conference with his son

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 103 - I'm On Steroids

WEEK 5 - the puzzle fiend

WEEK 72 - Various Italian Dishes