WEEK 62 - "Space"

Oh my, there's just no way... my new companion is ELDER NELSON. I know that means nothing to like 95% of you, but Elder Nelson is just the most delightsome man to ever come from the country of Canada, or if I am being frank with ya, the entire northern hemisphere. So ya I'm pretty hyped, we are gonna be serving in Richardson so I am super hyped! I love Elder Nelson with every fiber of my soul, but hearing that he was my new companion wasn't even the best part of the week, the best part of my week is named CHU YANG. All of the real ones on this email list know the name Chu Yang, he was the first person I was able to baptize on my mission and he is my best friend, I love him so much. Chu Yang hit his one year of being baptized and he decided to go do his own endowment! Chu Yang asked me to be his escort and that was one of the sweetest experiences of my entire mission. He pulled up to the temple and Chu Yang was just GLOWING. We went back and he did his initiatory and I was hyped for him, but a little worried that he would be confused given that he figured out about Jesus Christ like a year ago (the initiatory is decently confusing). Chu Yang walks out and I was like "how was it?!" he says "it was amazing!" so I was like "awesome! did you understand it?" and he was like "yes!" I am not certain that Chu Yang retained the whole thing but he was hyped and loved some things they said in it. Then we did the endowment. Chu Yang once again loved it, no surprises there. In the celestial room I read D&C 18 and I would be lying if I said I didn't shed a tear or two. The reason I cried is because I was literally witnessing one of the most pure acts of faith I have ever seen. Chu Yang has just absolutely let the Lord guide him for the past year, and he is just the definition of the blessings that the gospel brings you. For example, Chu Yang knew like zero English a year ago, he now knows so much English and claims that he understood the initiatory in English. Chu Yang was the bottom of his college class a year ago, he is now the top. Chu Yang lost 50 pounds and many of the branch desires him. Chu Yang was lonely a year ago, he now has so many friends. And I could keep going, but the most important thing that happened is Chu Yang received so much hope in his life. Ok I need to stop myself before I write another 3 paragraphs about how much I love him, moral of the story is the gospel blessed this man so much and I was just honored that the Lord used me as an instrument in His hands to help Chu Yang. So ya that endowment was like injecting steroids into my spirit, it was just wonderful. Another thing helping my testimony is BYU football my gosh. The Lord obviously has a favorite college in Utah hehe, I love to see him hastening the work in the missionary field and on the football field, good stuff, here is the week: - We finished the endowment and Chu Yang asked if he could drive us home, obviously we permitted him to do so. We start driving and someone cuts us off so I was like "oh my, watch out Chu Yang there are some dangerous drivers in Dallas" and he looks at me, smirks, and goes "hehe me too." Then he played some T Swift and it slapped and oh gosh it was so fun - Elder Christensen committed nearly a damnable sin when he went to Braum's and ordered a orange sherbet shake, oh I was so dissapointed - We were explaining the 4 S's of garments to Elder Carson which is just like a rule of thumb for wearing garments and the 4 times you can take them off. I was like "alright guess what the S's are?" and he was like "ok ummm swimming" and I was like "yes good job" and he guessed again and was like "shower?" and I went "perfect Elder Carson yes, what is the third one?" and he thinks about it for a second and he was like "ummm I don't know, space?" and I was like "yes absolutely space" for all of my endowed brothers and sisters don't forget the space one - We've been whistling Vader's imperial march as we walk places - I love my district they are all dawgs and I will thoroughly miss them - I love being a missionary Since I am leaving the Chinese branch for now, it would be wrong if I did not hit y'all with one more Elders Quorum tale before I leave: - The Elders Quorum lesson for this week was about being a peacemaker, which is quite ironic, cause if you can believe it, the Elders Quorum class is usually not a very peaceful setting. I got the honor of sitting next to Peter Chen during class and he started it off by letting me know that he was considering transferring to Relief Society because all of these lower tone voices just are not working with his hearing aid, I let him know that his plan wasn't very feasible, but idk how much he weighed my opinion on this one. A little bit after that he stood up and made a point about how the Chinese are bad at being peacemakers or something and then he sat back down and gave me a good old upper thigh slap, oh my gosh I love Peter so much. I later got side of face corressed, and then later the class was arguing about how it is bad to argue and I got elbowed by Peter as an example of what not to do. Then I shared one of my favorite scriptures (D&C 64: 10) and it momentarily calmed the Elders Quorum storm, so I'd say that was a win. But in all reality I love this branch so much and I am gonna miss them a lot, they are people of such great faith and we have so much fun. Welp that is all, kinda a heftier email today my condolences, but something that you must understand is that I love you and I mean that, I'd love to hear from you! Have a great week! I drop exclusive content here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qwGY1QhS99ne5wGy8 Pics: 1. Elder Christensen coming to destroy your city 2. Me with my quaint Elder Yee 3. Halloween 4. Cool market food 5. Chu Yang's endowment 6. No caption needed 7. The dawg himself JJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 103 - I'm On Steroids

WEEK 5 - the puzzle fiend

WEEK 72 - Various Italian Dishes