WEEK 63 - Bloomin' Onion
Glory glory hallelujah, life is wonderous right now. I am loving my new area and my new companion and the Lord is blessing us beyond anything I could've hoped for!
If you're a missionary who has served around me you know that frankly there is nothing in this whole world I love more than knocking apartment complexes. And my heavens, we have been knocking multitudes of apartments and meeting just incredible people and it makes me so happy almost to the point of exaltation. In the Chinese area we didn't really get to knock a whole ton, so this new change in lifestyle has made me feel like Ebineezer Scrooge in the Christmas Carol post third vision, I am refreshed and hyped about the Lord's work!
The reason I share with you my passion of knocking apartment complexes is to give some context for the spiritual thought today. It was Friday when we were knocking my favorite apartment complex in our area and I was having the time of my life cause we were seeing tons of success. We knocked on the next door, and this lady comes out and she was like "oh hello" and stepped out of the apartment in a manner that made it seem like either a bash or a gun threat was coming our way. Plot twist, she's a member and she was in the mood to CHAT, my gosh, she just went on and on and on. She talked about a multitude of unnecessary things and my soul was just evaporating within me cause I was dying to just go keep on knocking in this beautiful apartment complex. After like 20 minutes of this it seemed like she was gonna stop and was so hyped to say goodbye and keep knocking, but then a thought as clear as day came into my mind
"Elder Horsley ask her about her dog"
This prompting left me dismayed, cause I knew if I were to follow it I might just never leave her door, but I made a promise to the Lord long ago that I will not ignore one of His promptings, so I asked her about her dog. She was stunned for a second and it looked like she was about to cry. She moseyed her way into her apartment and grabbed a picture of her dog and then went on a large tangent about this dog who recently passed away and you could tell it meant a great deal to her that we would stand there and listen.
Out here I have learned one of the most valuable lessons you can learn. Being a disciple of Jesus Christ does not mean worrying about yourself, or your comfort, or your happiness, or your wealth, or your looks, or your fame, or anything related to that. It is 100% completely about bringing the light of Christ into someone else's life, and in turn that light of Christ will come into you.
"Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."
I love that.
Well gosh dang this was a quick and enjoyable week, let me enlighten you about it:
- On Monday my dearest Elder Christensen committed a high profile crime and stole from Walmart on accident and he got severely chastised by two black ladies when he came back in to pay for it
- For some reason I decided to covenant with Judy Wang from the Chinese branch that I will eat a bowl of veggies every day for the foreseeable future, all I want are Braum's shakes to be honest but I am kinda stuck here
- We went to a member's house to help them move a fridge on my first morning in my new area, and boom, Hindu missionaries knocked on our door and they were so dope. They were so converted and you could see the love of God in them, it was the coldest collab ever moving a fridge with them
- Rule #4 you never say no to a bloomin onion
- Elder Nelson won't go out finding unless he's strapped with a BOM and a Law Of Chastity pamphlet
- Me and Elder Yee got to pipe in on zoom for our friend Judy's baptism in Tyler! Oh it was so great to see her and the ward, we love them so much
- We were finding and we knocked on this dude's door and he said he was playing NBA 2K25, I was about 3 seconds from asking him if we could come in and spectate him and teach him after the game, but before I could request that he was like "why don't y'all come on in." So we happily complied and we watched him play 2K for a while, after watching 2 quarters of his team getting cooked, we decided to just deliver the message during the 3rd quarter and it was lovely, his name was Aaron he was dope
- Elder Nelson started a grease fire and I thought I was gonna be killed, as we were going to bed he says "let's start another grease fire, what say ye?" Elder Nelson gets me, I love him
- "I'm gonna put tiwi in a half nelson" - Elder Nelson
I love you all so very much, go serve someone, go listen to Josiah Queen, and know that I care about you dearly. Have a splendid week!
google photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qwGY1QhS99ne5wGy8
pics:
1. Our insane gym
2. Mirror pic with the lovely Elder Nelson
3. Legendary Hindu missionaries
4. Halloween
5. Hype
6. My lunch
7. Another mirror pic







Comments
Post a Comment