WEEK 64 - UFO
Howdy all of my loved ones, I love you. I'm slamming a dang bowl of veggies as I'm writing this so hopefully my tone isn't just one of pure misery. But in all reality my time here in Sachse with Elder Nelson has been just beyond delectable so far, I am just loving my mission, and I feel just beyond blessed!
"And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.
The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?"
All week long I have felt like I need to include those scriptures in my email, so whoever needed to read those I hope you know how aware the Lord is of you and how much He loves you.
I haven't thought past that point for the spiritual thought so let's see what I can whip up here. Knowing that hard things will in one day benefit me has been one of the most important lessons I have ever learned. I remember starting my mission I would have hard things happen to me and I would just immediately assume that my life was just completely over, and that there was no hope for me. One time I heard a quote that went something like this:
"When you are remodeling a home, you have to make some difficult renovations that take change. The Lord is trying to remodel you, not into a shack, not into a mansion, but into a temple"
That was probably like 15% accurate to what I heard, but the message is still the same. These hard things in your life will remodel you into something you never knew you could become, it has happened to me and I am a living witness of it, I am beyond grateful that the Lord saw me as a worthy project for Him, and I think it is just wonderful that He loves us enough to take the time to remodel. "all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good." I like a remodeled home more anyways.
Ah what another splendid week out here, I love this, but I am quite dismayed with how fast the time is moving, sadly I can't do anything about that so I will just keep giving it my all, here is my week:
- So we were with our friend Tom this week who heavily sides with a political party that the average east texan citizen sides with and he wore his favorite shirt for us (google photos). Tom was telling us about how in Ezekiel it talks about someone in a UFO and he shared how "that just makes sense" because "If I was god, I wouldn't want to fly around in the nude all over space" it was a decent claim, we love Tom
- The 8th wonder of the world to me is how the restaurant Whataburger has become a massive chain and highly successful
- I watched the Mormon 1-7 BOM videos this week and I was greatly disturbed, it felt like I was watching Game of Thrones
- I was on exchanges with my beloved friends Elder Kelsey and Elder Jacobs and we went up to this door to knock and by the door there were two long and thin windows. In the one on the right we saw a man who was undressing in a promiscuous manner. Idk how out of all the places he could change he chose his 2x6 ft window by his front door, but he did, luckily it did not halter the work and we went on our merry way
- I have contracted some disease in my mind that makes me like finding more than teaching for some reason. I could find all day I love it
- We were having a good lesson about covenants and our friend made the funniest covenant/circumcision joke my ears have ever beheld
- I love my mission
And I Iove all of you and I hope this email finds you well! I would love to hear from you and I hope you just feel tons of joy in your life! See you next week!
Google Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qwGY1QhS99ne5wGy8
Pics:
1. Elder Nelson has the loveliest messages
2. Elder Kelsey kissing a frog
3. Me with my friends
4. Exchange workout with Elder Boone
5. Cool mask
6. Brother Calder for Halloween
7. Me and Elder Nelson suffering with veggies
8. I love Elder West and I had to include that








Comments
Post a Comment