WEEK 65 - Sister Mission
What's up everyone? Hope you're doing well, shoutout Elder Cox for wedding on Saturday, I'm sure that was neat. The mission has been swell.
"You are always one week away from being a full tithe payer"
My mission president hit me with this elite quote earlier in my mission. I remember coming to him and telling him how disappointed I was with my dedication over the first 6 months of my mission. I was just lighting myself up about anything and everything I could've done better and he just sat there and listened. I finished my little dissertation and he said that. I was like "wait what?" and he said:
"Elder Horsley. When you haven't been paying tithing, but you choose to start paying your tithing, you don't have to make up for the tithing you missed. Once you start paying it again you are a full tithe payer. No matter how long it's been or how much you would've paid, you are one week away from being a full tithe payer."
What he said really meant a lot to me cause I just beat myself up over and over and over again for my performance, but then for the first time I realized that with my Savior I didn't have to worry about what I had done but rather what I would be doing. Then my mission president was like:
"Elder Horsley maybe you weren't what you would've liked to be those first 6 months, well that's great, go serve the best Sister mission that has ever been served."
So that's what I have been trying to do since, and I have just loved my Sister mission so far. I learned a lot from that, I hope all of you who are struggling with feeling like you don't measure up read that, and know that with your Savior you can become that full tithe payer, and be what He wants you to be. It's His grace.
Man I am running out of solid transition ideas for these emails goodness me, I will get on that. Anyways here is the week:
- I found out this week that Elder Nelson is consistently breaking the word of wisdom everyday. Pretty much we have this starbucks machine in our leasing office that Elder Nelson likes to make drinks with, he gets the chocolate milk and puts x2 creamer, cinnamon, and vanilla shot level 5 in his drink and he has been doing this regularly for about 4.5 months. One day I was like "i've been good" so I decided to get me a cup full of vanilla shot level 5, plot twist it's literally just vanilla coffee haha, Elder Nelson has been transgressing quite often. Hearing that he was gonna have to let go of his level 5 vanilla shot was "the worst news he has ever heard in his life." Then to make matters worse I was playing with his buffalo sauce later in the day, another plot twist, it's got green tea in it. It was a challenging day for Elder Nelson.
- I went to Buffalo Wild Wings (I love you Elder Campbell and wish you immense luck with the ladies) and the waiters comes up and was like "oh heyyyy are you guys Jehovah's witnesses?" and I was like "haha no, we are the missionaries for the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints!" and she looked me dead in the eyes and went "oh purrrr" and walked away. I was appalled
- We were teaching the Restoration to our friend Tom and Elder Nelson was talking about the First Vision and decided to ask Tom "when Joseph asked God which church was true, which church do you think he said?" Tom thought about that for a moment then gave us a firm "Methodist." Tom then gave us his theory on why the creator of bugs bunny was a mormon. The lesson went well and Tom topped it off by saying "thank you but I am NOT moving to Utah I am just letting you know now just in case." We will see Tom, we will see
- I have friend named Marco who me and Elder Yee baptized in Tyler and he has been seriously pushing me to transfer missions to Peru for like 6 months now, and this last week he doubled down on his efforts
- I was in a garage doing a lesson and there were an unholy amount of bugs, I felt like I was mid butterfly biosphere
- I just love being a missionary
Who wouldn't love what I get to do? I have never felt better about anything I have ever done and I am so grateful to the Lord and everyone who helped me do this, it has truly changed me. Anyways I'd love to hear from y'all hope everything is going swimmingly!
Google Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qwGY1QhS99ne5wGy8
Pics:
1. Zone Pday
2. Me in my Irish fit
3. Me and Angie at the temple
4. Angie and the crew
5. Facetiming Marco from Peru
6. Slaughtering everyone in blackjack
7. Elder Brown with his breakfast
8. Mirror pic with the Elder Brown
9. Confederacy
10. Me with a bird










Comments
Post a Comment