WEEK 66 - Lobster
Since I was but a youth I have loved seeing Utah football lose, especially during heartbreaking losses to BYU. So it's probably a good thing I'm not home right now cause it would take the literal powers of heaven for me to remain a peacemaker in a glorious time like this.
Anyways, I love you all to an insane extent! I love being able to serve others every single day, I feel so much love for the people around me, I am so grateful that I get to do what I am doing!
Many in this world think they are cool or they think they are making a difference or something and they choose the dark instead of the light to create a "difference". Think of people in your life that have made that choice, are they happy? No, they are miserable, and their goal is to make you miserable too. That is the reason there are things like anti church content in this world, one chooses darkness and it makes them miserable so will do whatever they can to ruin you like they ruined themselves. That has been the tactic since lucifer became the son of perdition.
So what can we do?
The answer is pretty dang clear if you have ever seen the movie Wreck-it-Ralph. Pretty much in that movie there are these things called Cybugs, and they are trying to kill all of the good guys. They just cause havoc until the end of the game when the beacon of light goes up and they all immediately stop and become calm and go to the light. As soon as they touch the light they die and all that is left is the good guys and the light. We can be that light if we want, the cool thing about the beacon is that both sides are attracted to it. When the darkness (the cybugs) go to the light they cannot stop themselves and they die, and the good guys see that light and immediately they have hope. To be that light you must be a sacrifice because both light and dark will be attracted to you. I think of Brad R Wilcox when I think of light. Brad R Wilcox has an insane amount of light in him, he has the most popular talks anyone in the church has ever given, he has changed so many people's lives (including me) with the light he gives. What many don't see though is that Brad R Wilcox is one of the most attacked and hated figures in our church, that dude is attacked all day every single day because of the light he gives off. But the thing about Brad is it does not phase him whatsoever because he understands his source of light: Jesus Christ, and he knows that any dark thing will lose when they come to his beacon of light.
"If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you." - Jesus Christ
Let Jesus Christ be your light, go be that beacon of light that everyone is attracted to because there is so much good that you can do. I love the Lord and I will always strive my best to be His light in this daylight savings world.
Judas priest I can write a tank of spiritual thought if necessary, it used to take every fiber of gospel knowledge I had in me to whip out a slightly doctorinal spiritual thought, but now I legitimately like doing it. Anyways here is my week:
- I went on a top 2 exchange of my mission with Elder Beus (I call him Elder BOOSE) this week in a Spanish area. I know 3 phrases in spanish:
JesuCristo te ama (Jesus Christ loves you)
Cómo estás (How are you?)
Se bautizado (Will you be baptized?)
And you bet your buckets all three were used. Often. I have dreamed of Spanish work my entire mission cause I have heard how willing and humble everyone is. So pretty much we would knock on a door and I would be like "Hola hermana ¿cómo estas?" and we would have a basic chat, then Elder BOOSE would go to work and share a scripture (every single spanish person says yes to a message) and then I pretty much would tell them that Jesus loves them and ask them if they want to be baptized, then Elder BOOSE would handle the rest. So now we have a bunch of people who are getting baptized, it was crazy the Lord led us or maybe all spanish people are super elect, idk. Spanish work is unmatched, that was like the best experience of ever
- Our friend George got baptized and it was elite, his testimony after was so powerful and comical
- I was on another exchange with Elder Kemp who is so pleasant, and I got to serve in Richardson which is where my brother Calder served 4 years ago, and that place is quite suspect. We were at a Jack in the Box and I tried to open the door but it was locked. A friendly meth addict told me "it's locked" and I was like "oh thank you, have a good day!" and he didn't quite understand what I said, so I got in the car and Elder Kemp went to back me and he walks out behind the car and our meth friend said some horrific things to Elder Kemp and threatened to take his life, so I was like "Elder Kemp, Elder Kemp, Elder Kemp come get in the car" he gets in the car and I was like "Elder Kemp that guy tried to kill you" and he was like "hahah. ya." in his Elder Kemp voice. It was a legendary exchange
- It was fantastic to see so many people I love at zone conference
- This amazing member named Sister Jones took me and Elder Nelson to Hibachi this week it was so dope. We got there and she must've been quite in tune with the Spirit, cause I was looking at the menu and she somehow knew I wanted lobster. Sister Jones was like "Elder Horsley if you want lobster you should get it" and I was like "oh I'll be ok thank you" so she literally held me at gunpoint and made me get lobster (she actually just asked twice and I caved (I love lobster)) she was so nice and has so much faith
- I love my mission and I am changed
My heavens this was long I apologize, actually I don't this will be fun to read in 20 years. Anyways, I love everyone so much. Know that I love you. And just like Randy Newman I hope you know that you got a friend in me!
Pics:
1. Me and Elder Kemp
2. Knocking in my brother's old area
3. Great friends
4. Elder BOOSE is so handsome
5. George's baptism!
6. Elder Nelson gave me this Fast and Curious shirt






Comments
Post a Comment