WEEK 67 - Black Tar Heroin
My goodness I just love and miss you all so much! I am so beyond grateful to have people like you in my life, I am so blessed. This week was insane I am excited to elaborate!
But before I do the slightest ounce of elaboration I wanna talk to you about something invaluable to me, and that is charity.
"if ye have not charity ye are nothing, for charity never faileth... But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him"
This scripture is not talking about the non-profit organization type charity, it is talking about the pure love of Christ. That pure love of Christ is shown when someone chooses to serve someone not just so they can post it on their story to be seen by others, but charity is exemplified when someone does good solely because of their love for God and their neighbor. Charity is when you notice your friend in the MTC just lost someone they love very much to cancer, so you decide to play ping pong with them for hours on end. Charity is when you are a bishop who is busy with everything a man can be busy with, yet you take time that you do not have to sit with a 16 year old who feels like all hope is gone and you show that 16 year old that there is hope. Charity is when you notice a missionary who wants to go home so bad and feels like he cannot take another hour of the darkness that he is in, so you sit with him the ENTIRE day and teach him for the first time in his entire life how to truly rely on the Savior.
"Charity never faileth." I have been the beneficiary of countless acts of charity. Those possessed with charity are the true followers of Jesus Christ, because they exemplify who He truly is. "and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with them." I am so grateful.
Anyways, I just got transfer news and I am with Elder MacDonald and he is sooo elite, just a jovial sweet man it should be a wonderful time. He is walking into a gold mine, we have so many awesome friends who are progressing so well right now, I'm hyped. Anyways this week was intense, I got to eat lunch like 3 times in total let me tell ya:
- So yesterday at like 3:45 PM President calls me and is like "I have a special assignment for you Elder Horsley" I had no idea where this was going I thought I was about to be an STL or something, and he's like "your aunt and uncle are in Carrollton giving a fireside and I need you to go see them" I happily complied and we left. I got there and I got to see my aunt Christine and ohhhh it was so good. She is like my Mom and I was just so happy to be with her. She was like "Henry oh my gosh you should have dinner with us!" so me and Elder Nelson follow her to dinner. By the way my uncle is a general authority 70 who is the church commissioner of education, idk why I'm putting that in now it's very relevant to the story. But ya, we go in and Christine casually drops that the President of BYU and BYUI and their wives are gonna be there. So it was me and Elder Nelson, my aunt and uncle, the Reese's (BYU), the Merideth's (BYUI), some ladies from like the NAACP or something idk, and area 70's. They all seemed slightly miffed (except the NAACP ladies) about last night's BYU football performance that was funny. There was this part where I was telling the Reese's how I came out on a mission and my aunt Christine started taking a video when I was at the part where I was telling them how I found out Jesus Christ came to the Americas in the MTC, like it was a solid story Christine just started filming at the most inconvenient time. My dad will actually have a heart attack and die if he gets this video haha. Also it was funny to watch Elder Nelson who just applied to BYU interact with C Shane Reese about his BYU application. But I must say, they were all so nice and I am now like a top 5 fan of the Reese's and the Merideth's. It was just so fun to join their friend group and I loved seeing my aunt and uncle!
- We have these insanely nice members in our ward named the Tsosie's and they asked Elder Nelson where he would want to go for his final meal with them. Elder Nelson said "Hutchin's" which is literally everything you think about Texas obesity put into one restaurant. This was my first time at Hutchin's and I vividly remember Elder West explaining to me that the Hutchin's mac and cheese was "equivalent to black tar heroin" and my heavens, he was correct. I had that black tar heroin mac and cheese, the creamed corn, fries, brisket, jalapeno sausage, and ribs, and judassss that meal legitimately almost took my life. I have never felt my internal organs fight to keep going more. I walked in the bathroom at that place and they only had one stall, man the people of Texas have so much faith. But what I really got from this is how much the Tsosie's exemplified Jesus Christ, they were so good and I am so grateful for their kindness.
The emails are fun and all, but in all seriousness I cannot express to you how grateful I am for what I get to do. I feel like every single day my heart is being changed and I just don't understand why I have been blessed with everything I have. It truly is unfair. I have been blessed by each of you, if you ever need anything know that you have me! Have a great week I love you!
Pics:
1. Calling Elder Madrid
2. I destroyed Elder Nelson
3. Cool Legos
4. Phyllis the dog
5. Hutchin's
6. Me with my friends
7. With my aunt and uncle







Comments
Post a Comment