WEEK 69 - Human Trafficker

What is up everyone! I love you all and hope it was a remarkable Thanksgiving for you! My week was once again elite, I learned a lot and that was neat. If you still read these you are so real and I double love you. I love Thomas S Monson and the example he sets for me. One of my favorite stories about him is how he would give the shirts off his own back to people in need. They would be like "Oh no! I cannot take your shirt President Monson" and he would be like "oh this one is worn out, I was about to throw it out anyways" and he would go ahead and give away his shirt. Many people who saw him do this would say "the shirts looked pretty new to me." I wanna be like that so badly, it was so clear that Thomas S Monson had a master, and that master was Jesus Christ and he did all he could to be like his master. I remember last holiday season I was feeling down and just missing my family a lot. The only thing I felt happy about was that I did have to shovel every widow's driveway in all of South Salt Lake. After like a couple of weeks of just feeling bad for myself I remembered to make the decision to just turn outward and to serve. I found a need for someone I loved very much, and me and my Mom did something very special for this person. I remember service and acts of kindness made my entire holiday season. It made me feel whole. "For how knoweth a man the master whom he has not served, and who is a stranger unto him, and is far from the thoughts and intents of his heart?" I just found out that the thing that me and my Mom did last year that healed my soul, we get to do it again and I couldn't be more excited. Regardless of your circumstance, whether you have family or not, a lot of friends or no friends, a girlfriend to get matching Christmas PJs with or not (next year I pray), you can have a wonderful holiday season if you choose to give it to the master. Last Christmas was the best Christmas of my life, and I know this one will be better, because I finally understand why I do what I do. If you want to know this joy and happiness the only way is to love your God and your neighbor, you will be made whole. Judas this email is being written later than I would like, let's see what we can do: - I guess I decided to celebrate Thanksgiving on Wednesday this week, cause I ate an unreasonable amount my heavens. I felt like the mayor from Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs during his prime, and I suffered (defecation) for my choices during the night. NEVERTHELESS, I pressed forward and yet again, pounded a concerning amount of food again on Thursday. Two day Thanksgiving was taxing if I must say - We were going into Walmart to do some finding and this lady was in the front ringing her little Salvation army bell trying to get some donations. I started talking to her and then she got hyped and was like "ELDER!" When someone calls you Elders out here something good or life threatening is boutta happen. Plot twist, she was this super dope member from the Philippines and she has some grandchildren serving missions there right now! I was telling her that I sadly don't speak Tagalog but a bunch of my friends do, and Elder MacDonald was like "oh but he speaks Chinese!" and she was like "wonderful!" and whipped out the best Spanish she had. I thought she was just joshing with me, but I soon found out there was 0 joshing occuring. So I spoke a little Spanish to her and she felt satisfied, good times - It has been getting insanely cold here (like 50) and my gosh dang ears are getting so cold, I wanna wear a beanie so badly but when I wear beanies I look like a human trafficker. Idk what happened cause my brother Mckay looks just darling when he wears beanies, but I look like imma bout to sell you, have mercy on me - Saw Elder Tullis and met his super dope family. That was exquisite - Found out I can do the most pure impression of the goose dad (Mr. Ping) from Kung Fu Panda - I got to go to the Chinese branch this Sunday for the baptism of this super cool lady named Wendy that we met in a restaurant! I got there a little early and we got to be a part of the testimony meeting and I felt the Spirit very strong. I walked in those doors and no joke 45 seconds later they had me translating haha I was happy to help. Peter Chen during testimony meeting is a demon to translate because he cannot stick to the same language for the life of him, also you never know what's gonna come out. My days (shoutout Bilth) I love him so much. He gave the closing prayer and pretty much reviewed how he thought the sacrament meeting went and let's just say he was thoroughly impressed. Chu Yang gave a talk at the baptism and the doctrine he spat nearly exalted me, there are no words I can write in this email that can accurately describe the love I feel for those people. It was so good to see all of them, they are my Texas family - Elder MacDonald says he likes movies (I love Elder MacDonald he's amazing) but somehow he hasn't seen Interstellar. We took care of that. I straight up just described to him every scene and it was glorious to relive that. I love Interstellar and pray that I can find me a nice lady who will indulge on that near scriptural movie with me It's cool because a lot of things change while you're on a mission, but one constant is how much I love you. I truly do care about you and I am so grateful to have family and friends like this, I am so blessed. I will be with you next holiday season, let's grab lunch. He lives. Pics 1. Pic for my little sister Jane who I love so much 2. Couple of dawgs ready to fulfill their priesthood responsibilities 3. Me and Wendy 4. Some of the dearest people to me 5. D&D table 6. Wylie zone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 103 - I'm On Steroids

WEEK 5 - the puzzle fiend

WEEK 72 - Various Italian Dishes