WEEK 71 - Skyrim

Glory glory hallelujah what a week everyone, what a dang week. Prayers up for my brother Mckay he has fallen ill and my bet is that he gets sent home sadly, what a shame. But ya I love everyone and my week was legendary. I remember having this conversation with someone who I thought was hot the night before I left to the MTC: "Oh my gosh Henry just promise me you won't change on your mission" "Oh ___ haha, don't you even worry I refuse to change" I am sorry to you my hot friend, for my entire life has changed. I felt the Spirit so strong this entire week, when you feel the Spirit as strong and as often as I have been feeling it, you have no choice but to change. All I want in my life is to have a deeper understanding for all of those around me who I love so very much. I think the only way I have been able to get closer to that deeper understanding, is by pledging my life to the Lord. Trying my best every single day to do what He did has made me feel better than I have ever felt before. I felt that deeper understanding this week when I was able to truly forgive someone when it was really hard, I felt it when I got to hug my friend Jaden in the font after baptizing him, I felt it going to to the temple with my friend Judy and seeing a change of heart in someone unlike I had ever seen it, I felt it talking with a missionary who feels completely misunderstood. I feel that deeper understanding a lot this week, and it has changed my life. When I look into someone's eyes now instead of seeing the annoying things they do, or the ways they could be better, or something I could make fun of, I think I see a child of God who is trying their hardest just like I am. That right there is what has been making me feel so good. I invite you to seek that deeper understanding out, for it will make you whole. I've been listening to the talk "Peacemakers Needed" by President Nelson a lot this week, and my heavens that talk is aging like a fine wine. It's kinda funny that I'm just starting to like it now, cause I literally went to it haha. Anyways, this week was beyond elite I wish I could include everything: - Elder MacDonald really wanted to go to bath and body works on Monday and it was a good time. I sure hope no one assumed I was a practicing homosexual because I sure looked like it walking around there in my matching church clothes with another man my age smelling every Christmas scent and getting way too excited. I gotta find me a spouse who is ready to do some damage to our bank account in a bath and body works, holy my oh my, there is some good smelling stuff in that glorious place. I gotta work on my B&BW endurance because legit 5 minutes into smelling different scented candles I lost the ability to smell - I parked on the corner of Roberts and Horsley street, that brought me back (shoutout Elder Jrob I love you man) - I was at this party and I met my special needs friend Joseph. I was working like a dog trying to crack Joseph's shell, and idk how we got there, but the shell was thoroughly cracked when we started talking Yu-Gi-Oh, Joseph sure gave me a run for my money with my miniscule amount of knowledge about that game. Then he decided to turn on the knowledge jets and went scholarly deep into his thoughts on the game Skyrim. It was neat pretending I knew anything about Skyrim for about 20 minutes, love Joseph - I was giving a baptismal interview to someone who I love dearly. He actually found a pretty neat loophole around the law of chastity when he told me his plan to marry two wives under his name, brotha shoulda gotten baptized about 160 years ago - I got to the opportunity to convene with the dawg himself, Elder Freeman, he came back to visit the mission - I visited our friend Jaden who got baptized on Monday at work and was like "Jaden you look so happy!" and he was like "Oh frick ya I just got baptized" then bought us donuts, such a legend - Ok I know this email is approaching college thesis sized, but I have to share the highlight of my week. We are now teaching the DOPEST chinese family ever. I could try to write how much I love them, but I literally do not have words for it. They moved from China one month ago and the Mom and the two kids almost know zero English. They said they really want to go to an English ward though, so they are coming with us and I am helping the three who don't know English. We invited them to come to our ward country themed Christmas party, and this was quite an experience for the Gao family. The Chinese kids did about the least Chinese thing ever conceived by man, line dancing. I got to stand behind them and translate the instructions for them which was wonderful. They came to church the next day and I got to translate for them which was awesome. After church the Dominguez' family invited them over for dinner with us. They asked me if they should bring a nice bottle of wine and I was like "oh my gosh that would be so nice, but we don't drink alcohol in our church" they told me they still wanted to bring something, so with a pinch of personal bias I told them "I think everyone would like dumplings" and boy was I right my gosh. While she was making the dumplings she texted me and was like "can you guys eat pork?" cause she thought we were living under some Jewish law haha. But the TexMex x Chinese dinner was one to go down in the history books. We showed them the Christ Child video after, and I explained that story to them for the first time in their whole lives and the dad said "I don't know much about this Jesus Christ, but I can feel your love for me and my family, and I have to assume that comes from Jesus Christ. We are excited to know more." Ok I could go all day about this family but just know I love them so much it's unfathomable. That is all everyone, know that I love you please. I'm so blessed to be your friends and family, thank you so much! I love hearing from you, have a great week! Pics: 1. Jaden's elite baptism! 2. Me ft. Elder Jrob 3. Elder Freeman visit 4. Judy temple trip! 5. Gilmoney baptism with my loved ones 6. Me and the dragon warrior

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 103 - I'm On Steroids

WEEK 5 - the puzzle fiend

WEEK 72 - Various Italian Dishes