WEEK 72 - Various Italian Dishes
Merry Christmas family and friends I love you! And to you Elder Yee, I declare a firm Mele Kalikimaka! I hope yall get to do something you love this Christmas, so you can feel just like I do.
When Jesus Christ called Peter to be His disciple, He said nothing of Peter's past or his flaws, all he said was "come follow me." If you are on this list you have likely noticed that I have quite a few flaws, I have done things I am not proud of, and I have messed up more times than I can count. Yet all I hear is "come follow me." That is all He wants of me and that is all He wants of you. Long ago when Christ was born, the new star was another sign of Him saying "come follow me." To the rich wise men, to the poor shepherds, to all who saw the night sky. All were invited to follow Him. Life isn't always the easiest, but I know following Him and doing my best to be good and to serve those around me has healed me and gets me through all of my sorrows. He spent His days doing good, from the day that star hit the sky, to the day He walked out of that open tomb. I want the Lord to know that when He said "come follow me" that I truly meant it when I said "Lord I will follow thee." That is my Christmas wish this year.
I was delighted to hear that many of you fell victim to my email last week, idk what got into my system, but I was just feeling very devious. In all honesty, my brother Mckay developed a slight illness and is once again blooming with health, but thank you aunts and uncles for playing my little game mwahaha. Here is my week:
- Alright not to toot my own horn, but I am just a willing dude. That sometimes does not benefit me and others around me. POV I get this text from Hermana Huber and she is like "Elder Horsley and Elder MacDonald! We need you guys in the zone conference choir!" And what an intriguing need that was. Again I love to help out so I was like "yes we would love to help." I get there and some of the fellas were going on the left, and some to the right. I was a bit confused especially when everyone started asking what Italian dish I was "Oh Elder Horsley are you a Soprano?" "Are you an Alto?" "Wait guys, maybe he's a Tenor?" Plot twist they weren't Italian dishes but in all reality they were different vocal groups. I was by no competition the least talented person in that choir, but again I love being a willing dude. I love surrounding myself with serious choir people, they usually aren't very impressed with me, but it's always a good time
- Shoutout to the brotha man Elder Seo for being released from the office after 9 months
- I had a dope experience where I prayed so hard that someone's car started to work, it's a long story but extremely wholesome
- At zone conference we were playing these minute-to-win-it games and I got the utter delight of having Elder Yee as my partner. We were playing this game where we were supposed to stack cups on our partner and whoever had the highest cup stack won. Me and Elder Yee like 20 seconds into the game couldn't devise a solid strategy, so I had the man lay down on the floor while I stacked cups on his back. I was like "alright Elder Yee just hold your breath." Apparently Elder Yee requires an absurd amount of air because with 5 seconds remaining, Elder Yee just decided to slam enough air to fill a dang balloon arch, and the whole thing fell. But alas, it was good a good father and son bonding moment
- I finished the memorization thing which was a demon and a half to complete
- I love being with the Chinese family we are teaching so much. The ten year old son Gary is really starting to warm up to me, and the five year old daughter Fiona is really starting to warm up to me and my gospel kids coloring app on my phone. Not gonna lie though during Christmas Sacrament meeting she colored the dopest rendition of Bethlehem I have seen. She made it look like a thriving metropolis in India, I felt like I was in Aladdin. When we were singing the hymns I would open up to whatever page we were on. Fiona and Gary know like zero Chinese but they are learning how to read so I leaned over to Fiona and in Chinese I was like "can you read this?" and she was like "no, I don't know any English" and I was like "oh just you wait Fiona, next year your English will be as good as mine." She then gives me a firm side eye, and with the miniscule amount of English she knows she goes "no thank you" and went back to my phone. I love them so much
- We invited our friends to dinner with us this Sunday and it was so good. Everyone is so nice to them, like so nice I wonder if they ever feel like they are in the movie Get Out. If you know what I mean that was very funny
- I just hope yall have the greatest Christmas ever
I love the Lord and I love all of you. You make the two greatest commandments easy to follow. I will be with you next year which is insane. I love what I get to do, it has healed me and made me new. I love everyone, have a great week! I would love to hear from you!
Pics:
1. Yellow sheet complete
2. The dawg Elder Allen
3. Elder Yee looking delectable
4. Me with the Tippets
5. Finding at a store
6. Super dope resurrection necklace thank you Mom
7. Greatest compliment I could be given







Comments
Post a Comment