WEEK 76 - Oil Rigs
Henry Horsley
Mon, Jan 20, 12:25 PM
to bcc: me
My heavens I just found out about ground turkey, and this thang is no joke. Just when I thought the week couldn't get any better, ground turkey mosies it's way into my life. God is good. Also I love u all and hope everything is going swell in your life!
For the spiritual thought I wanted to talk about a question that is one of the most important questions we could discuss: What scriptural evdience do we have of foreordination? To answer this question we should start by diving head first into Deuteronomy 7. Ok I'm just yanking your chain, as gripping of a topic that might've been I actually wanna talk about something super simple that has blessed me a ton recently, and that is trying to find the good in everyone.
"PLEASE LISTEN CAREFULLY: If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy that we can say about another person - whether to his face or behind her back - that should be our standard of communication" - President Nelson
This quote is like unbelievably applicable in my life. It makes me think of the Bible story where the Scribes and the Pharisees bring the woman taken in adultery to Jesus. They all got their rocks ready to stone the crap out of her and Jesus is like "Ok cool He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." And eventually they all drop their stones and go away. I personally have many flaws and faults in my life and that disqualifies me from condemn others because I have just as much of a reason to be condemned in my life. We all do really, and it has just blessed me so much to try to find the light in everyone, cause believe it or not, everyone has it. I think we could all do a little better to try to find the good in people and to point it out, it is there.
Judas, now that that ground turkey has settled within me I'm realizing that I may have been slightly ambitious with how quick I thought it would cook. Peradventure I shall give it more time on my next attempt. But now indulge in my week:
- We have the most elite friend ever named Ange who is getting baptized soon! We met him last Sunday and he is just so dope. We pulled up on Wednesday for our second lesson ever with him and we had one of my favorite members there to join us. We get there and Ange said that we probably couldn't do it in his house, so we were just planning on doing it outside. Our member we were with was like "hey we can just do it at my house! come get in my car and we can drive over there!" I'll just be frank with yall and inform you that this member is very bald, and it was a very brisk night, so he had a beanie and a black coat, and boy never have I ever seen someone look more ready to kindap. Ange must be very brave cause he was super down and was like "ok sounds good." I gave Ange the front cause I felt like usually kidnappers don't usually have the courtesy to give the front to their victim and maybe that allieveted the situation a little. We ended up having a great lesson, I love Ange just pray he doesn't get kidnapped before his baptism
- Had just the most glorious member meal discussion with the Millers this week. I go there every single week for dinner and I am a huge Miller fan, and somehow in all of the times I have gone there they have yet to tell me that Brother Miller used to work on oil rigs. I am infatuated by the oil rig life and not gonna lie, I would be super down to go see what the rig life is like for like a month or so. We discussed oil rigs for the entire hour, I like talking about oil rigs. If you got experience on the rigs, let's get lunch
- Had an awesome chat with Elder Troxel about charity, it is so important, almost as important as oil rigs
- A member and a friend I used to teach came up to my area this week to take me out to dinner and it was so fun! We went to chinese place called Flaming Buffet which caused my organs much distress. It felt like I was an ex alcoholic who'd been sober for 10 years, and then I broke into a refinery and slammed an entire barrel of lager. I was super appreciative of Kan and Dora for being so kind and taking me out to dinner but judas, it was APPALING the amount of concern Flaming Buffet takes for the safety and concern of their customers. I was feeling the flames soon after. I was thanking Kan at the end and he hit me with this bar:
"If you're happy, I'm happy. If you don't happy, I'm no happy."
Holy I love and care about those people so much
- Me and Elder MacDonald made a Gotham themed Nearer My God to thee and it slapped
- I love being a missionary
Ok I gotta run so this might have a bunch of gramatical errors, my dearest condolences. Love you all SO MUCH! have such a great week! I can't attatch my pics this week so join the google photos if you'd like to see some fun stuff!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qwGY1QhS99ne5wGy8
Comments
Post a Comment