WEEK 77 - The Biggest Loser
Hello I love all of you and hope life has been just lovely for you! I was loitering in a dang Wing Stop doing some studies and I caught a glimpse of the Chiefs game. Goodness me.
"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you"
I've never thought about the play Les Mis before this week, but heavens, I have been thinking about it. There is this part where the main character, Jean Veljean who just got out of prison, is let into a Priest's home and he decides to steal a bunch of the Priest's valuable possessions and run. He ends up getting caught by the fuzz and they send him back to the Priest's house to return the stuff before he goes back to prison. When they bring him back to the priest, the priest says something like "oh those were gifts to him, but you forgot these super nice candles I wanted to give you as well. Go on your way" and he is freed. The priest chose Jean Veljean, and after that point he went and did amazing things for the rest of his life. I feel just so blessed to the point where it seems unfair, and it is. I have been chosen and redeemed by Him and it truly is up to me what I will choose to do from here. I think that is super cool
People just don't be raising their ebenezers like they did back in the day, I don't get it. Other than that things have been fantastic for me this week, my companion sadly fell ill, but we still had so much great stuff, I wish I could include it all in this email:
- Elder MacDonald whilst being sick felt bold and challenged the mission zone conference pushup record of 136. He gave it the old college try and ended with a mighty 12, it was inspirational
- A father called his daughter racist at a member meal when she hesitated to grab the black plates to set the table with
- Since Elder MacDonald was sick I had the opportunity to do some really in depth research about Louisiana food, and mercy, the only thing I can now think about are crawfish boils
- Got to go to lunch with my heroes Elder Barker and Elder Waters and it was a glorious reunion. I decided to mix things up at Braum's and get a vanilla heath and caramel shake
- I had the most blessed opportunity to go back to the Chinese branch for the new year's party! As soon as I entered the function I was treated as if I was the most recent winner of the biggest loser. I was thrilled with all the uplifting comments about my new physical state, but part of me longed for the good old days of getting called fat whenever I returned to the branch. Chu Yang brought his personal trainer for some reason which was so lit. We were getting food and Chu Yang was like "No I cannot get chow mien. My personal trainer says no." and brotha man was serious too. So he finishes his very nutritious place, and BOOM, ditches the whole health thing and snags a bunch of dessert. Despite how hard I try, I cannot write how much I love Chu Yang and these people. Greater love hath no man than me. After me and Chu Yang finished our feast, a guy started playing the erhu (super dope instrument) and he thought an appropriate song for his performance should be "america the beautiful." That was awesome. Got asked on a date as well, so the whole night was a win honestly. I LOVE THEM
- I have been eyeing this Jurassic world ball that Walmart sells, it used to be $9 and I thought that wasn't reasonable and that I would wait till it was $4 or below. Brothers and sisters... I have now obtained the ball and I am very excited about it
- Elder MacDonald is a carbon copy of the reverse flash
- I love what I do so much and I will dearly miss it when it is gone
Ok I am quite rushed right now, my condolences if some of that was incomprehensible haha. I love you all so much and I am so grateful for you, it is important to me that you know that! Have an incredible week!
Pics:
1. Me with legends
2. Thank you grandma I love this sweatshirt
3. I fell deep into the crawfish hole
4. Anthony!
5. Me with 2/3 sons (where were you Elder Yee we needed you)





Comments
Post a Comment