WEEK 78 - Cajun Torpedoes

My oh my hello everyone! Shoutout everyone cause I love and miss all of you! An especial shoutout to Lance for obtaining a job where he combats the very illness that plagues him. Very honorable. So if you don't already know, my oldest brother Calder whomst is knee deep in the finance program and no longer an eligible bachelor (shoutout Erika), had quite the mission experience. Calder got reassigned cause of covid to the Texas Dallas West mission then after like 8 months there he got to go to his original assignment in Ukraine. Then Russia declared war on him so he got sent to Germany to finish his mission. Every Monday in our mission we have a zoom call where we go over everyone who was baptized that week and it shows you all of the missionaries who taught that person. There was this dude named Brian Akin who got baptized, and I saw that the very first name to teach him was Elder Calder Horsley. Oh my I was SHOOK when I saw this. Calder literally taught this dude 5 years ago, and if I wasn't on that call he wouldn't have ever known the good that he did. I don't think we realize how easy it is to be the reason something good happens to someone. It literally takes almost zero effort to say something nice about another person, and it can mean everything to that person. "Let your light so shine" you have no idea the good that you can do to another child of God, and you have no idea the good that you have done to me, so thank you. We can all do better to lift and be good to others! Judas I forgot my sunglasses today and I legitimately cannot see without them. I am in for a difficult adjustment if I obtain celestial glory holy. Other than that this week was so elite: - We were teaching the just the dopest fella ever right now and his name is Christian. We had a lesson with him this week and I was like "Christian how do you think being baptized can bless us?" and he was like "Man it's awesome, cause you get to feel clean. Like honestly if you were to ask me to be baptized right now I'd be so down." My heavens Christian read me like a BOOK. So ya Christian is literally mythical I love him and I am excited for him to get baptized - Our recent convert George took us out to get pizza, plot twist, one slice there was like the size of an entire NFL football stadium and it was a glorious experience - Me and Elder MacDonald have been talking a lot of crawfish. We had this dream last Sunday to go to a true Louisianan crawfish place, and our righteous desires were speedily attended to which was dope. We went there and not gonna lie every time I wanted to have some crawfish I had to burn like 50 calories and 3 minutes of time to have like 10 calories of meat and eat it in about 4 seconds. Luckily we got cajun torpedoes so I didn't have a net loss of calories, but it was for sure a spiritual experience - It was so cool at church this week we had some legendary friends pull up! Christian decided to bear his testimony and it was so powerful! I was like near tears after his testimony and as he was waltzing his way back to his seat he told me "that sh*t is scary man, scary sh*t" I wanna go tour Istanbul with this man or something he is so dope - I went to the Waffle House for the first time in my life this week. It slapped but the devil has a strong hold on the Waffle House sadly (no further elaboration) - Being a missionary is fantastic I am grateful for my mission! It is the hardest thing I have ever done in my whole life, but that is because it has changed my whole life and change is hard. I really miss all of you and I love you. Have a blessed one! pics: 1. Calder is just folk tale 2. Me after I found my airpods 3. I made Elder MacDonald a bubble bath 4. Finding with the brothas 5. Crawfish 6. Me with the pizza 7. George teaching me biblical truths over pizza

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 103 - I'm On Steroids

WEEK 5 - the puzzle fiend

WEEK 72 - Various Italian Dishes