WEEK 79 - CRIME
Welp, I'm at 18 months now which is crazy. This feels similar to when I was fat and ran cross country. The sisters in my MTC district just finished their missions (congrats) and this feeling is like nearly identical to when I was like .7 miles into my 3 mile races and people would be finishing. But just like fat Henry, I will finish. I feel just beyond blessed with the 3 areas I have served in and all of the amazing people I have met. I love and miss all of you!
I saw pure Christlike love from someone this week. I was on an exchange in the Chinese branch this week and it literally felt like a vacation to heaven. We got to go to lunch with my super good friend Yan who I met about a year ago, and when I saw her she lovingly greeted me with a non-optional hug and we were just hyped to be reunited! We sat down and she started asking me about each member of my family, and somehow, someway, she remembered their names and was asking specific questions about each person. She said when I first showed her a picture of my family she "knew immediately how much she loved them, and how badly she needed to meet them." That meant a lot to me. We were talking about Christ and she just started to cry because of how much she loves Him. We were talking about the past and she decided to put her finger up, use the little English she knew, and say how I was "a little fat" back then, but things are better now. Then she said Mckay has a beautiful facial structure and kinda looks like a girl, that was a neat observation. She spent that entire lunch saying kind things and I just felt the love so much from her. I imagine that is how people felt when Christ spent time with them, just full of love. We should all try to be like that. I am so grateful for Yan.
Transfers are coming up and I am sad cause me and Elder MacDonald are tight like unto a dish and I think I shall depart from him. This week was quite the week let me elaborate:
- The mythical Chu Yang (the first person I baptized on my mission and one of my best friends) got into BYU! We are going at the same time and I couldn't be more hyped about it! He had some questions, so he came to my ward yesterday to ask me a couple of them. And heavensssss he was a CHATTY KATHY my gosh, I love Chu Yang and I cannot wait to do all the BYU things with him!
- Our friend Ange got baptized this week and it was a glorious event!
- With the Chinese branch, I feel like a dad who left his kids. Like one day I was there, and then I left, then I came back, then I left again. And every now and then I suddenly come back without any warning and get super hyped to see everyone and everything is chill until I leave again. It is a weird relationship, but like I cannot write words that explain how much that branch and those people mean to me! It was just incredible to be back this week
- When I was at the branch I asked Elder Sorensen (dawg) if we could go see my friends Alex & Haifeng, and he graciously sanctioned my request. That was like a highlight of my life. Alex is the greatest 16 year old Chinese kid ever. He likes to play clash royale, badminton, he likes to make the occasional sassy comment, and also enjoys slightly making fun of Elder Carson's diabetes with me. We got there and it was a glorious reunion that was! We sat down and caught up, and Alex every thirty five seconds would slap his thigh and be like "AYE MA ZHANG LAO" (I am ma zhang lao) and would proceed to ask me a question completely unrelated to whatever we were talking about. He interrogated me about my high school screen time use in an attempt to get his mom to let him watch more chinese youtube. Then I dropped that my brother Mckay was good at school, so naturally they asked some specifics. I happily shared his GPA and ACT score and they were like "WOW he must've studied for at least 4-5 hours a day!" They nearly passed on when they found out he put at most like 30 mins of effort into school a week. I was so grateful to see them all again and I truly care about them so much
- I have never been more grateful to have watched the Jeffery Dahmer show (don't watch it) than I was this Friday. We got invited into a home of someone with extremely malice intent, but boy I read him like a book. No sir I would actually not like a drink and to watch breaking bad with you. Yes I do love your house but I will be declining this home tour, my condolences. I am actually extremely grateful though, the Lord definitely protected us, that was scary
- I accidentally held the door open for someone who just robbed another person
- I am quite hyped for the next 6 months of my mission! I am learning some critical lessons!
I was hyped to hear that Punxsutawney Phil came in clutch once again and saw his shadow. Good deal. I love you all and would love to hear from you! Thank you for reading these it means a lot! Have a great week!
Pics:
1. I was feeling good
2. Pizza with some friends
3. Alex and the fellas
4. Exchange with 2 legends
5. Ange's baptism
6. This guy has the same smoker as my dad!






Comments
Post a Comment