WEEK 80 - Seabiscuit

Howdy everyone! We have transfers this week and I am going to do some YSA work which I am just tickled about. I have consistently missed all of you throughout my mission, I really do love each of you. I have just been so blessed with the family I have, they mean everything to me. For my spiritual thought today I legit just want to share something I learned from each of them: Dad: Throughout my entire life I have never once seen my Dad do anything for his own gain. Everything my Dad does is fueled by the two greatest commandments. I feel as if my Dad is completely rid of pride, and because of him I want to turn outward in every situation just like my Dad. Mom: My Mom loves me more than anyone in this whole world does. My Mom is the greatest example to me of what it means to care about someone more than herself. My entire life she has put me and my family's needs and wants above her's. I pray to one day be able to share as Christlike love as my Mom does. Calder: My brother Calder is incredible at reaching out to the one. I was that one for a while. In middle school and high school I felt like Calder was the coolest guy in the world. I felt very lonely and I wasn't sure why anyone would want to spend time with me, but he chose to. He didn't have to do that but he did. I won't ever forget that. I want to find those in need just like my brother Calder does. Mckay: My brother Mckay is the most loyal person I know. When you become Mckay's friend, you're always his friend, he will always have your back. I'm willing to bet everything I have that Mckay will always be there for me. He always cheers me on when I am up, and always helps me back up when I am down. I want to be loyal like Mckay. Gwen: My sister Gwen is the kindest person I know. Gwen is literally Thomas S Monson if he was a high school girl. She is the greatest example of leaving everybody better than she found them. Her kindness has done more for me than she will ever know. I want to genuinely care for everyone I know like Gwen does. Jane: My sister Jane reminds me a lot of Jesus and how He would spend one on one time with people and give them exactly what they need. I feel like every time I am sad Jane will do anything she can to cheer me up. Regardless of what is going on in her life, she will give up until the people she loves are happier. I want to drop everything to uplift people like Jane. Sorry that was a tank, but a wholesome tank. Here is my week: - We went to the temple with Jaden for his first time this week and it was blessed! Jaden got to baptize me and that was super cool. Idk what my problem is but every time someone baptizes me I hit the water and it like breaks the sound barrier, and I come up and the water in the font is like a stormy sea. The temple workers are always snickering when I come up and I'm like "madam what happened while I was under" it's like if they were baptizing Shaq, idk what is my problem. The poor oxen probably get wet when I get baptized haha. But the temple was still a 10/10 experience - I sure hope my wife is quite the blue collar gal, because we were having some car issues this week and I'm actually negative help with car things. When the people at the dealership were asking me what was going on with the car I was so lost. It felt like when my grandpa Jim speaks to me in German, I just stood there. Luckily Elder MacDonald is quite the sweet talker, cause we got it figured out. He was throwing out foreign terms like "fleet manager" it was definitely cool to see the gift of tongues in action - People this week just started giving me things for some reason it was wonderful. Someone gave me my mom's enchiladas, someone gave me a beanie, and another member gave me like a $100 lego set. I am so grateful - We got to go to seminary to help out with something and they were doing a game where they guessed our first names. I was honored when both Seabiscuit and Wilhelm were guessed for me. Josh guessed "consumer of worlds" for one of the sisters. I love that class so much - Got to give a call to my old pal Elder Engh - We were having a spiritual experience as we were kneeling in prayer with our friend George, and I was feeling real good. Then his dog sisi meandered her way into the room and started licking the crap out of Elder MacDonald's face, it was so funny - I have loved the Sachse area and I'm eternally grateful to have served here I am blessed to be doing what I am doing. I am not anywhere near perfect, and that is why I keep trying. Keep trying everyone, I love you! Have a great week! https://photos.app.goo.gl/qwGY1QhS99ne5wGy8 Pics: 1. Temple! 2. Seminary class 3. Another Seminary pic 4. Valentine pic 5. A member gave me a beanie 6. I customized this cake 7. Lego set 8. Goodbye Elvina and Amari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 103 - I'm On Steroids

WEEK 5 - the puzzle fiend

WEEK 72 - Various Italian Dishes