WEEK 83 - International Women's Day
The Lord has immensely blessed my life this week with daylight savings. Yesterday it was 7:50 PM and still bright, I felt like one of the Nephites when Christ was born. I am overjoyed. I also love and miss all of you!
Ok for the spiritual thought today I wanna tell you a story about my elite friend Sonia (with her permission). I remember teaching Sonia about the word of wisdom a little more than a year ago. She was so elect, but legit could not go more than 1.5 days without drinking (that was her record). We tried so hard to help her but it just didn't work out, and I was quite sad about it. Sonia soon had to go back to Malaysia and I was really worried for her cause she had a super bad situation over there. Anyways, she goes back and like 3 months after that I get a text from Sonia and she says:
"thank you for your prayers Elder Horsley, I have completely stopped drinking alcohol, God has blessed me so much."
At first I didn't even know if I believed that or not. I don't know much, but I know for fact that Sonia could not have done that by herself, she literally couldn't even go 2 days. If we can humble ourselves enough to be healed, miracles like that will happen. I got to see Sonia this week for the first time in a while, and she is new, I do not recognize her. I love Sonia and I am so grateful that the Lord gave her a miracle. He has given me them, and He will give you them as well, I know that.
Judas this week was intense my gosh. It was good though, I am grateful for it. Here are some great parts of it:
- I caught myself knee deep in an international women's day festival. I thrived
- We were having a lesson with our friend and it was quite lit, the Spirit was super strong! We put him on date and in my mind I was like "man, that was really cool." and idk how to properly bridge to the next part of this story, but I guess being put on date prompted him to whip out his most recent risque anime drawing he drew... I was shook
- We had hot pot with some of my amazing friends from the branch and we were talking about something and then they brought up that they thought I was handsome. In an attempt to deflect their breach of standard 3.5.1. I said "my oldest brother is way more handsome and he is a finance guy. He is coming down to Dallas this summer for an internship, maybe you can meet him" and they liked that very much. I am so sorry Ericka
- A YSA member made a claim to me that out of all the 40,000 students on UTD he has "never seen anyone go on a single date." I shall not be attending UTD
- I got to usher at stake conference and ngl it might've been the least gratifying thing I have ever done haha. What was extremely gratifying about it was my 35 minute talk about Louisiana with a legend in our YSA named Aaron
- Been doubling down on getting better at Chinese
- One morn I was thinking about orthodontics and I had a question about it. That question just marinated on my mind all day, and then we went finding and met a lady named Maya. Within like 3 sentences she started talking about a pre dental program she was doing and completely answered my question. #miracle
- The Lord keeps blessing me
Twas a good week here, I am so grateful for all of yalls support! You mean so much to me, have such a great week!
pics:
1. Me and a Crayola brotha
2. Me on campus
3. Me and Sonia
4. Usher
5. Hot pot





Comments
Post a Comment