WEEK 84 - Gloria The Hippo

Ni hao everyone I had a lit week! I hope you all did too, cause I love you! Regardless of how you slice it, the movie Madagascar 2 is just a spiritual experience. There is a part in the movie where this cold blooded crew of New Yorkers get stranded in Africa and they are like "We're New Yorkers for crying out loud! When we need water, we build a dam!" and so they go to this river and construct a dam. Plot twist, this dam ends up causing some problems. All of the animals (including my brother Mckay's celebrity crush, Gloria the hippo) suffer because they have no more water. I think that in our lives we all have our own river, and we can choose to let it flow or dam it. When we dam(n) ourselves, we almost always do it because of selfishness. In my opinion everyone on this email list is super cool and has the opportunity to have such a big impact on many many people. If we are constantly obsessed with ourselves, we will never have that impact, our water will never flow. You have no idea the good that you could do in your life if you broke your own dam(n). Don't dam(n) yourself. My gosh I have been thinking about marine life pretty much every night and I cannot fall asleep. Like judas, it'll be 11:30PM and I am beyond stressed cause I cannot stop thinking about a dang pufferfish or something aghhhhh. Anyways, here are some fun things from this week: - Elder Schmitt came to our mission for a mission tour, and him and his wife dropped some elite doctrinal content on our mission, it was lovely. President said we had to iron our shirts for this zone conference, so I dug DEEP into my chamber of memories and recalled watching my mom iron my bead art for me when I was a child (thank you Mom). With that faint memory I embarked on my quest to iron my dang shirt, and to be frank with you I am not confident that I ironed it correctly. Father would be so proud - We are literally always at UTD (University of Texas Dallas) finding and it is so fun. We definitely get some sass, but NEVER from Muslim people or jacked men. Those two groups of people are my mitochondrias when I'm at UTD - Went to a bible talk with my missionary friend on campus named Caleb, he is so Christlike and the type of missionary and man I wanna be - One of our friends was giving us a dissertation about the rat race and hyperbolic time chambers whilst playing smooth jazz on his TV. I wasn't following the majority of it, but he made a couple of solid points here and there - At church we had these summer sales bros join us and it was like looking my inevitable fate right in the eyes. But in all reality, they were so cool and humble and kind. They either want me on their summer sales team, or they are just super dope guys - At night we have been playing this game called purebred idiot, and it is literally just hot sauce roulette. My heavens - I am really learning from these people around here what it means to be Christlike, I hope I can always exemplify that. If I have been anything but Christlike to you before I truly am sorry and I pledge to be better I miss you and will be excited to see everyone again! Have the most blessed week ever! Know that I love you! The hot sauce videos are a must: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qwGY1QhS99ne5wGy8 Pics: 1. Watch out for Elder MacDonald... It's gibbous season 2. Good call, Great friends

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 103 - I'm On Steroids

WEEK 5 - the puzzle fiend

WEEK 72 - Various Italian Dishes