WEEK 85 - Applebee's

What is up everyone I love and miss you! To being frank with yall, this week was a demon haha, but we made it through and valuable lessons were learned! The situation that made this week a demon is sadly classified. But I want everyone on this email list to understand that I believe we can either be focused on our own sadness or pain, and just constantly dwell on it. Or we can help someone else. Doing that this week healed me from these classified hardships, and I know they can heal you from your own classified hardships. I like this quote: "you often bury your trouble in the hole you pull someone else out of" Despite the classified events, there were still some wonderful things that happened this week: - I was on an exchange with a legend who goes by the name of Elder Banks, and we got out of a super cool lesson with their friend Cesar. We needed to make some calls so Elder Banks was like "Elder Horsley while I report on this find us a restaurant we can call at." I was like "alright" and I guess my primal instincts kicked in and I went savage or something because next thing I knew I was sitting in a booth at an Applebee's and somebody was telling me "your waiter Dallas will be with you momentarily." After regaining consciousness I looked at Elder Banks and was like "frickkkkk Elder Banks what are we doing here? There is like zero logical reason to be making calls at a sit down restaurant at 8PM." Heavens I was so disappointed in myself haha. We told the waiter that we were gonna have to depart, and BOOM, she ended up being super interested in coming to church and wanted to learn more! Her name was Mariah and she was soooo cool, we were definitely led - We had a feminism themed sacrament meeting and I felt #empowered - One night we were just finding at UTD and then from around the corner I heard me some vulgar language, so we went to investigate. I was pleased to find out that it was two dudes freestyle rapping on the campus stage, so I joined them and it was so lit. I was bit rusty but I got my act together and I think I said something like "what I am doing here it just is art, kinda like I'm in a mall and my name is Paul Blart" and then I called it a day with them. It was dope (shoutout Elder Seo and Elder Rideout I love you both so much) - I really really wish I chose to make my Instagram account private before I left - I learned this week that Jesus is our redeemer, and no matter the downfall we can be redeemed My condolences for the subpar email, I will write a better one next week! I love you all and I do miss you! Thank you for the support and the love! Have a great week! Pics: 1. Me freestyling 2. Me with Elder Banks 3. Exchange pic with Elder Miller 4. Holy land

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 103 - I'm On Steroids

WEEK 5 - the puzzle fiend

WEEK 72 - Various Italian Dishes