WEEK 87 - Smoke Shop
Hi everyone, I love and miss you! The mission has been wonderous this week. My new comp is a legend who goes by the name of Elder Duersch. He's from Logan Utah, likes onewheeling, owns a gold 2003 Chrysler Town and Country 3.6 liter V6 engine minivan, and is loving the YSA life. I'm a big Elder Duersch fan.
My entire mission I thought that my mission would be light work once I hit 18 months. False. It has been a beast recently and there are tons of factors why, but something that has been helping me a ton is remembering my purpose and why I am actually here. I was so caught up in a bunch of side quests of being a missionary like making sure everyone liked me and knew I was a great missionary, or being such a good missionary that my future wife is super hot, but in the end those things are not why I am really here. I am here to invite others to come unto Christ, and literally zero percent of that is about me. In life we get so caught up on the things we think actually matter, but in all reality we are here to love God and to love our neighbor. I believe we can find so much happiness when we recognize what our real purpose is.
Judas conference was so good, they just don't josh around. I hope everyone liked it. I loved every aspect of it other than when Elder Duersch in between sessions told me he didn't like the Bee Movie. That lowkey ruined the entire conference for me. Here is my week:
- A very good friend of mine named Sonia got baptized this week! Teaching Sonia has been a top 2 coolest experience of my mission, her story is miraculous (will elaborate at my homecoming about it). She took a bunch of missionaries out to dinner beforehand, and I felt so much happiness. I was with good friends, Sonia was getting baptized, the food was elite, everything was going my way. Then I hear a "wait Elder Horsley you do stocks right?" from Sonia. Idk how word got to her about the stocks given she has been in Malaysia for the last year, but that sadly became the theme of the rest of the meal. The baptism was so awesome and I am so grateful for all of the missionaries who helped out with Sonia
- My super good friend Sophia gave me a Chipotle gift card. That was a cool move
- Our friend Booker T stole Elder Walburger's agency and made him bring a bucket of KFC to the lesson we had with him. We talked about the spirit world and Booker said "well that is extraordinary to know." then engulfed a piece of chicken
- I am starting to have Peter Chen withdrawls
- I hear from the grapevine that not every missionary gets to go to the temple, so I felt pleased as I got to go again this week. Thomas the riddler accompanied us which made it a glorious experience. I found out on the way there that the riddler is actually an atlas, cause at like every stoplight he would start sharing alternate routes to the temple in riddle form. Let's just say we were punctual
- A friend stated to us that "God said "____ needs to be baptized mormon so he can be the US president"
- Had a beautiful lesson in our friend's smoke shop that he works at. He's probably one of the most humble people I have ever met
- The work is going really well and I feel really good about it
All of you on this email list are great people. I love you and I miss you! Have a blessed week!
google photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qwGY1QhS99ne5wGy8
pics:
1. Sonia's baptism!
2. Elite smoke shop lesson
3. Lunch with good friends
4. Conference set up
5. Elder Turner I miss you so so so much
6. Temple!
7. Me and Elder Duersch







Comments
Post a Comment