WEEK 89 - Me And Peter Chen Reunite
Hello all of my loved ones I hope you've had a great week!
Jesus came in the "fourth watch of the night" (3-6 AM) to his disciples when they were out on the wave tossed sea. I imagine the disciples around the end of the second watch of the night (9-12) were full of hope that Jesus was gonna come and help them. I bet during the third watch of the night they started to recognize the darkness and danger that was around them, I imagine that was a very scary thing. I can only imagine that right before He came they felt full of fear, abandoned, and broken, and they probably started to doubt that He was gonna come to save them. The great thing is that He did come to them. I believe even in our darkest moments, in our own "fourth watches of the night", He will come to us, no matter how storm tossed the sea is. My sea has been very rough and dark as of recently, but I believe He will come to me and save me. I believe He will come to you as well, so do not lose hope.
I love my current comp and the YSA I am serving in. The legit only down side is that this YSA seems to be determined to either make sure everyone leaves this place obesified, married, or both. Whoever is in charge of this food exclusively brings the most caloric heavy food obtainable by man, it's unreal but a great time haha. This would've been heaven for fat Henry. Here is the week:
- Last week I told yall about our lesson with Julian and how the Taylor Swift eras tour nuked our lesson. We had another lesson with him and we got there and I was relieved to see that there was no eras tour event going on. Plot twist, like 5 mins into the lesson 4 old Scottish men just spawn in, whip out their bagpipes, and they went to work. They marched all over tarnation playing those jawns and I about lost my life trying to explain the importance of the BOM with 4 men playing bagpipes 5 feet away from me. It all worked out though haha
- I met the TDSM mission president and his wife and they were like two of the nicest people I've ever met in my entire life. Sister Tanner pounced on this opportunity to use her Duolingo Chinese with me I loved it
- I was blessed with the opportunity to reunite with Peter Chen this week. I walked into his house and he goes "HORSLEY! You've gotten younger!" I was anything but stunned by his comment cause he usually greets me by pointing out a recent change in my physical feature. The convo was great, he talked about all necessary points. How he hates the state of Oregon, how allergies don't exist in Taiwan, and his daughters IQ. I left satisfied. I love Peter
- I went on an exchange with my glorious son Elder Carson this week! I was quite parched at one point so I went into a restaurant and asked for water and they said no and I was like "oh ok" and left. What happened next like literally made my whole day. We were finding this super nice guy who was just loitering outside the dimsum place, and someone who was in the store I got rejected at came over with a cup of water and said "hey I really didn't think it was nice what they did to you in there, here you go." That was so nice of him. Our loitering friend and his family were UNIMPRESSED by the ethics of this company, so he marched us back there and bought us yogurt boba drinks. It was such a tender mercy, everyone was like way too nice to me for 35 mins it was insane
I love you all thank you so much. Good things are coming for all of us I just know it. Have a wonderful week!
pics:
1. Me and the Tanner's
2. Me and the Quiroz's
3. Me and Elder Carson
4. Me and Elder Duersch
5. My favorite college robots





Comments
Post a Comment