WEEK 91 - I'm So Sorry Elder Walburger

Hello everyone! I hope you just had a marvelous week! Literally thank you so much for all of the birthday messages, that was beyond kind! I was overwhelmed with love all day long and it meant a lot to me. There was this story shared during conference that I loved: So pretty much this guy was a missionary a little while back, and while he was a missionary he accidentally hit a guy on a bike and killed him. He said "I have never felt more frightened and alone." I've never been in that exact situation, but I have had something similar to that happen to me with a much better ending. I remember how alone and destroyed I felt in that moment, so I know a little how this man might've felt. He continued the story by sharing how another missionary came and stayed in his jail cell with him, and how impactful that missionary's charitable act was to him. In my hard situation I remember my neighbors Pam Roberts and Lisa Packer showing me love that I was in dire need of. I remember Bishop Gordon showing me the love that I needed like infinity times. My family, my dear, I have been the recipient of their love countless times. So many family, friends, neighbors, missionaries, members, and just random people have given to me so much love. I am so lucky. Alrighty the spiritual stuff is great but MY it can be taxing to write, I hope the overall quality of them are not diminishing haha. And all you gospel fiends out there who are reading this, don't even fret, my homecoming will be juiced up with spiritual stuff. Here is the week: - The Chinese branch is home to literally the most elite spirits ever formed into man. Some of the members were so kind to me during my birthday week and I got not one, but TWO hotpots. Hot pot #1 was fantastic! It was a more Americanized hot pot that Reigi and Eric Wang took me and my comp Elder Duersch to. Elder Duersch was lowkey quaking before it cause he was nervous for this uncharted genre of food. The hotpot was really good and we all just had a jolly time, I am so grateful for the Wang's. Afterwards we had weekly planning and my already unimpressive weekly planning efficiency level dropped to about 15%, it was a good time though - I was nearly victimized by a worldwide DNC (do not contact). It's a demon of a story, but I legit do not have enough email stamina left to tell you what happened haha. Just know Michelle is on the prowl... I am not safe... - My friend Noah Hansen who I haven't seen in 4 years just spawned into our YSA sacrament meeting this week that was insane - Ok now hotpot #2. Chu Yang (most goated recent convert ever) took me out for hotpot on my birthday and I was on an exchange with Elder Walburger who comes from the holy promise land of Alberta Canada. Elder Duersch told Elder Walburger about how good hotpot was with the beef and lamb and dumplings and noodles and Elder Walburger was getting hyped for his turn. We got to the incredibly nice hotpot and Chu Yang was like "what should we get?" and I was like "oh you pick Chu Yang you're the expert." BOOM out comes an order of stomach lining. I was like "dang ok Chu Yang trying to weed out the weak. BOOM trachea. BOOM bladder. I took him to the bathroom and I was like "I am so sorry Elder Walburger please forgive me" Elder Walburger was a champ though. Then like a beacon in the dark sky the waiter came out with a big plate of crawfish (shoutout Elder MacDonald) and so that was pretty good. It was an awesome experience and Chu Yang is such a legend, I am so hyped he's coming to BYU in the fall I love you all, thank you once again for reaching out! Have a great week! pics: 1. Exchange with Elder Petersen 2. Exchange with Elder Walburger 3. Me on a chair 4. Hotpot #2 5. Hotpot #1 6. Hippo 7. Noah Hansen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 103 - I'm On Steroids

WEEK 5 - the puzzle fiend

WEEK 72 - Various Italian Dishes