WEEK 92 - Baywatch
Hello everyone, I hope you've had a great week! I love my Mom so much and I am so grateful for her! Frankly, I love and appreciate all moms out there especially since moms make up about 85% of my email readers. Thank you to all moms
I am QUITE fond of this video you should watch it:
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/video/inspirational-messages/2021-01-0010-your-great-adventure-overcoming-lifes-obstacles-1080p?lang=eng
Heavens, life is just full of so many blessings and so many challenges. The video depicts it so well, this guy decides to run an ultramarathon in the desert and he gets hyped because he feels as if he can actually do this ultramarathon. So he keeps training and improving until one day it all kinda crashes down. He gets to this one point in the middle of the desert and straight up just gives up.
Except plot twist, he actually didn't give up and he finds motivation from the example of his dad and he looks out at the vast desert in front of him, and starts running. His running is slower than it was, but he just goes and puts one foot in front of the other. Putting his hope that one day all this difficult training and all these trials will one day be for his good. In my life I feel all I have to do is keep putting one foot in front of the other, no matter how slow, how painful, or how difficult it is, I can always put one foot in front of the other. And I know one day we will all be blessed for it, so hold onto that.
Ok my condolences that message of putting one foot in front of the other could've been seriously condensed haha. Here is the week, it was a great time:
- We had dinner with our friend Jalen and some members, and in the members' backyard they had a flower garden. Jalen asked if he could go out and see them and I was like "oh that's neat Jalen wants to go see the flowers" oh no, Jalen got intimate with the flowers his face was completely consumed by those flowers for like 15 mins it was wild. He then came in and told me I could be on baywatch, I liked that comment
- I made some Chinese friends and one of them named Tim chose to be courageous and come to our YSA FHE activity. Unfortunately the YSA decided to make the activity real life among us. That was a demon to explain to Tim. So I was balancing a lot of different moving parts here and I lost track of Tim for a second. One of our members took him hostage and in complex English started explaining how an emergency transfer works. I didn't feel extremely compelled to help Tim so I kinda let him be for a moment.
A few mins later in Chinese I was like "hey Tim do you know what he is saying?" and Tim looks at me and with somberness said "yes his friend recently died of brain cancer..." and I looked at the member and I was like "oh man I am so sorry to hear that" and the member was like "so ya anyways my friends dad is like the one who helps us with the base to help get our long shots" in that moment I came to the realization that our member was explaining to Tim how he creates his short films. I nearly passed away it was so funny
- Got to go to the dentist twice, I love the dentist
- Our chinese friends came to institute this week, sadly we were covering the origins of the pearl of great price. Tim leans over to me and is like "are they talking about bankruptcy?" unfortunately not Tim, we were talking about Moses
- Our friend Sophia got baptized and it was so lit! Sophia is less than tall and Elder Duersch baptized her so I conveniently had to fill the font about 12 inches tall
- Transfer news came out and I am going to open a new chinese are with Elder Romney, I cannot wait for my glorious reunion with the Chinese branch
I love and miss you all! Keep putting one foot in front of the other, I believe it will get better. Have a great week!
pics:
1. great friends
2. dentist
3. father with lizard
4. great comps
5. baptism
6. nature






Comments
Post a Comment