WEEK 93 - Mulan?

Howdy everyone, I hope you had a great week! I have finally reunited with my beloved Chinese branch so it's been super fun seeing everyone again! Welp wouldn't ya know it I spent all of my spiritual thought writing time in a lego store, my condolences. But this is a scripture I really like: "Therefore, blessed are they who humble themselves without being compelled to be humble" Throughout my mission I have been humbled time and time again and I am always in awe with those who just choose it. It is such a valuable Christlike attribute. Those who are humble spend much less time thinking about themselves, and much more time finding joy in the success of others. During this final grind of the mish I wanna learn how to develop that. So ya like I said I am in the Chinese branch now and my comp is Elder Romney. Elder Romney is lit, he is super hard working and obedient, knows quite a bit less about Japanese cars than me, loves model trains, and he used to be fat. I am a fan. Here is the week: - Me and the GOAT Elder Ryker Amadeus Duersch got to go to the temple with our ELITE friends Logan and Sophia. It was Sophia's first time at the temple and it went swimmingly. My favorite part was when we were getting clothes and the lady was like "oh dear! It's your first time Sophia? Ok then, usually the President of the church likes to speak to people on their first times. Let me go grab him." Sophia looked stunned that she was about to have a meeting with President Russel M Nelson it was so funny. I miss my YSA squadron - My first lesson back in the Chinese area was super fun. And what added more to the fun was that the Li's broke my Grandma Susan's world record for hottest indoor room temperature. I nearly evaporated haha. Love you grandma - We had a branch BBQ activity this weekend and it was super lit. It was wonderful embracing Peter Chen again, I love him so much. He welcomed me back by attempting to set me up with his 15 y/o granddaughter, I feared for my life in that moment. I guess the kids in the branch missed me cause they were VICIOUS at this BBQ. I spent a good deal of the party just juking the crap out of them to avoid getting hugged. After running about a half marathon worth of jukes they got exhausted and sat down and made me play the game "guess what Elder Horsley" they would be like "what's our favorite movie?" and I'd be like "Mulan?" they'd be like "UGHHHH no! Ok then, what is our favorite song? "ummmm I'll make a man out of you?" and then they would assault me it was very funny. I love the branch so much - We had an awesome lesson and my heavens... My Chinese court case vocab is not where it should be. I was lost - Peter at church came to me and he was like "Horsley. You do not sell NVIDIA." and I was like "ok Peter I won't I promise" and he was like "no no Elder Horsley you cannot sell." and I was like "no Peter I understand I am not going to sell." "Horsley. It is going up, please don't sell." I love Peter - I am really grateful for the branch members they make me so happy and they are some of the best friends I have ever had. They have done so much more for me than I have for them I really hope everyone here is happy. I hope you know that I love you and that I am hyped to see you. Have a great week! pics: 1. run with the fellas 2. temple with squadron 3. me and my man 4. 6 man 5. juice from market 6. brother chu graduated 7. elite branch council meeting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 103 - I'm On Steroids

WEEK 5 - the puzzle fiend

WEEK 72 - Various Italian Dishes