WEEK 95 - Trains
Hey everyone, hope you've all had a blessed week! My week has been lit with my dearest Elder Romney, we truly are as tight as a dish. It's cool because I lowkey thought at the end of my mission it'd be a demon to go out and grind, false, all I want to do is the absolute best I can do before it's gone.
"For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it."
I think that part of losing your life for Christ's sake is really choosing to love one another as He has loved us. I see that every single time I am with the members of the Chinese branch. I am shocked with their ability to care about about some random dude from Utah more than themselves. You legit cannot go into one of their home's without being given food. You can't leave without feeling loved. It is insane and I wish that I could sufficiently type how it feels but I cannot. They just truly have forgotten themselves and I wanna be like that in my life. They are a beacon of light in my life and I am very grateful for them.
My heavens Elder Romney would not stop talking about trains this week haha. I know an unreal amount about 1940-1970's era German trains now. Also before I tell you about this week I just wanna shoutout my brother Calder and congratulate him for enlisting in the marines! Here is the week:
- Things I am scared of: orcas, pioneers, serial killers, demons, and king buffet. And frankly those are ranked from least to most. I got invited to king buffet several times this week. I hope I don't suddenly pass away from heart disease before I go home haha, king buffet is a beast
- We have a friend who I love so much and she sat me down this week and told me of all the Chinese herbs and stuff she wished she infused me with whilst I had heat exhaustion last week. She is the goat and I love her. Our talks are always a good time but I feel very on edge the entire time cause she is always grabbing my thigh
- I have never felt electrolyte deprivation before in my life until now. All I knew before this about electrolytes was my mom would be like "oh henry you need electrolytes" and that translated to free gatorade for me. Always a great experience. But ya no there are definitely consequences of this heat haha, but it's all good
- Every week I could write my entire email about Peter Chen if I wanted to, I love him. He got up to bare his testimony yesterday and said "let me tell you about my good friend Horsley. He was talking to me and wants me to teach him. He asked if he could come stay with me and I said "of course! I have 2-3 open bedrooms!" I have literally zero recollection of every saying that in my entire life but I would be HONORED with an experience like that. Peter is truly the best person in the world
- If the ladies back home can begin to start feeling about me like these Chinese grandmas do I would be just over the moon
Anyways I hope you guys all know that I really do love and miss you! I am excited to see all of you again and I promise you I will do all I can out here before that moment. Have a great week!
pics:
1. Elder Romney (also known in high school as "The Mitochondria: The Powerhouse Of The Cell)
2. Door
3. Idolatry
4. Jeffery Dahmer
5. Mirror





Comments
Post a Comment