WEEK 96 - FRANKINSENCE
Hey everyone I love and I miss you! I hope you had a great week!
"But what could I have done more in my vineyard? Have I slackened mine hand, that I have not nourished it? Nay, I have nourished it... I have stretched forth mine hand almost all the day long, and the end draweth nigh."
What does it mean to be nourished? I think we might read that and be like "hm yes I love when God nourishes me with a bunch of money or a hot girlfriend" but in all reality that is the opposite of nourishment. I believe the point of nourishment is growth, and growth is extremely uncomfortable. Nourishment will inevitably be a hard and purifying process, but sometimes we don't realize that that very nourishment process is what will make us bring forth fruit in the last day. Those that bring forth fruit will not be burned when the end comes. Idk what my point here is but I wanna be one of those who brings forth fruit at the last day. The cost is great, but the reward is far greater.
Gosh dang I got nourished this week by almost being slaughtered haha. I am lowkey getting a little burnt out of almost dying or getting kidnapped haha. It is an unreal story involving me and my comp getting lured into an apartment by an incredibly unstable schizophrenic individual. 25 mins before the lesson, in another city, God warned us through a meth addict at dairy queen who just randomly told us about his unstable ex gf, plot twist, it was the exact lady we were about to meet. It was unreal. Anyways here are the notable points of the week:
- They pretty much put a dang muzzle on Peter Chen during Elders Quorum this week, I guess they just didn't want the Spirit to overwhelm them. Very disappointing
- We had a dope lesson this week in which linguistic miracles occurred. One of our members way telling a story about the Holy Ghost and she said that the Holy Ghost told her to use "ru xiang." No one understood what she meant so she looked at Peter Wang (our branch president) and was like "how do you say it in English?" and he didn't know. Apparently I was the next backup, so she looks at me and is like "Elder Horsley like 3 bible things?" and I was like "uhhh ya mmm" and just shot an absolute shot in dark: "FRANKINSENCE." correct. All who were present were shocked
- Whenever people come to our apartment on exchanges Elder Romney just absolutely takes them hostage and revoke their agency and exclusively talks to them about Richard Trevithick's train, the 1804 Pennydaren. All who hear love Elder Romney's train dissertations
- Saw my elite cousins Grant and Jackson
- Whilst I was finding someone in a market yesterday a member walked down our aisle and she was buying alcohol on shabbat. Lesson with member participating lets go mets
I am so grateful for all you and the support you give me, thank you! Have the best week! Let's grab lunch when I am back.
pics:
1. me and my son and a bear
2. me driving with chopsticks
3. me and the brothas
4. I like these statues
5. please no one buy me this I would be like so mad it'd be insane





Comments
Post a Comment