WEEK 98 - Perilous Climb

ni hao everyone! I hope each of you had just the best week, my week was pretty great! We just got transfer news and I rejoice to inform you that I get to die in the Chinese branch with these people who have come to feel like family to me! We had just the most elite baptism this week for our friend Shi Jun Hua. Shi Jun Hua is one of the most humble and purely good people I have ever met in my entire life. Everytime I go to his home I leave feeling like my bladder is about to explode. The amount of bottled water I consume each time I visit his home would blow your mind. Shi Jun Hua is someone who really understands what the Savior meant when he said: "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." As a missionary I don't have many temporal things to offer people, so as of things pertaining to the world I am pretty much useless. But I can offer a message of hope and purpose like we did to Shi Jun Hua. When he came out of the waters of baptism he was the happiest I have ever seen him, and I believe that was due to a feeling of purpose and hope that he hasn't felt in a long time. Nothing temporal can provide that same feeling. Ok this week we had an outrageous amount of notable events, so I'll just get right into it: - I was hyped to start of the week with a dinner with the 三王一体 (the trinity of Wang's (our branch presidency all have the last name Wang)) and some of our friends. Devastatingly two members of the trinity were not able to attend but we still had a great time. Everyone was so polite about who should sit where and who should eat first, I thought an all out brawl might start - Our calcium deficient, 4'11'', 105 lbs, 82 year old member John Liu is the bravest person I have ever met. He had us come do service for him this week. He intended on me going about 20ft up on the sketchiest ladder I have ever seen so I could fix his roof. He was unimpressed that missionaries aren't allowed to go up that high, but his disappointment was only for a moment, then he took matters into his own hands... Me and Elder Romney BEGGED him not to go up the ladder but he was slow to hear our cries. He hits a couple of squats and joint stretches pre climb and I continued to plead with him not to go up and he looks at me and goes "hehe I'm 82, my doctor says I can't do this." I was like "yes John your doctor was 100% correct please please please do not do this John." and he puts his hands above his head and goes "bless me God" and began his ascension. Hallelujah praises above he aborted his mission once he got to the top of the ladder cause he couldn't reach the roof. Once he was like 3 rungs up I was sure he was gonna pass away. What an exhilarating experience that was - One of our friends explained to us that she was very fearful of a certain ethnic group and whenever she sees them she flees. I did all I could to explain to her that these people are the nicest people in the world but after much effort, she remained unconvinced - I was late to Peter Chen's EQ class this week and he welcomed me by expressing his disappointment in my behavior "yes Horsley you need to come on time next time." He legit just has a convo with me during his lessons I love it so much. I wish all could experience one of his lessons, I love him I love you all and I am very excited to see you. I promise you that I will give all that I have as I finish up my mission, I have to, I have been given so much. Have a great week! pics: 1. nike 2. John's perilous climb 3. temple 4. great restaurant 5. cool guys at wendy's 6. EQ 7. me and my son 8. Shi Jun Hua's baptism!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 103 - I'm On Steroids

WEEK 5 - the puzzle fiend

WEEK 72 - Various Italian Dishes