WEEK 101 - Subpar Alaskan Cruise
Hello everyone! I hope you had the most blessed week!
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."
Something I have become very familiar with on my mission is the tribulation of this world. It is everywhere and I have seen it consume many many people. In fact, that has been one of the hardest aspects of my mission, seeing that. What I love about this scripture is that Jesus assures us that we will experience tribulation, but because of Him and His atoning sacrifice we can overcome it and one day live again. If anyone experienced worldly tribulation it was Him, but He overcame it and rose again. So we can too. I think that is great.
Alright this week was good. Peter Chen finally returned from his Alaskan cruise of which he was severely unimpressed. "It was too dry Elder Horsley" Don't worry though, it is humid here and all is well in Zion now that we are reunited. Here is the week:
- We had our FHE class and it was just lovely. I was in charge of the game for the children, and not to toot my own horn, but it was literally the best thing anyone has ever devised. Plot twist literally no one under the age of 45 came so I had to adjust my plans. My primitive instincts kicked in and I decided on "kindness role plays" which actually ended up being a great time. Also our ELITE member Ronnie helped our friend decide to be baptized mid role play. How it happened I shall never know but I was pleased
- I went on a lit exchange with my awesome son Elder Carson. I like 70% wanted to and 30% felt prompted to go to IKEA so we went. Chinese people were scarce inside that hefty store but right at the end we found the coolest mom and son!
- We have a member named JJ who for the past year has been pestering me to make him food and this week I submitted and made him ramen. I was gonna make him my normal chicken thing, but I don't even know if that is edible to the Chinese tongue haha. Watching him die of heat exhaustion eating that ramen during English class will forever be a treasured memory of mine
- We were talking about becoming humble like a child in EQ and Peter Chen had this lovely insight: "Our church is so good because it tells us the same thing over and over! We become humble like little children, it's incredible. It's like brainwashing, very good." What an astute observation Peter thank you
- The Lord has opened His window and poured me out a blessing. We are teaching literally the most humble and full of light family ever I love them, they are getting baptized on my final Sunday
I love you all as well and I am really excited to see you soon! I really hope you recognize how loved you are, each of you are wonderful people! Have a great week!
pics:
1. squad pic #1
2. squad was dissatisfied with pic #1 so we did a filter with #2
3. IKEA
4. goodbye to Wendy
5. zone conference





Comments
Post a Comment